alice in chains @ the inland invasion

chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
edited September 2006 in Other Music
alice in chains is one of my fav bands of all-time...they're in my top 20 favorite bands. when they reunited for the tsunami benefit in seattle and had the puddle of mud/poop guy sing on a song, i was a little irritated but that would soon not even bother me after hearing about the roxy show in LA when mark lanegan and billy corgan sang two songs. it made me think that the puddle of mud/poop guy was just to help the reunion process.

however, at that inland invasion thing the dude from stinkin park came out and sang "man in the box." that kinda went over the line. it would be equivalent to fred durst, justin timberlake, scott stapp or aaron lewis coming out and signing along with "alive," "daughter," or "betterman" with pearl jam.

i was really amped when alice in chains made the comback - i saw them at the house of blues in san diego and was blown away - the dudes all still got it and it's an extrememly powerful celebration of their songs/life of layne.

now, i don't really have the same sentimental backings i did when i first was told of the reunion. and it's a bummer cause they are such an amazing band.

i know i am probably making too much of it, but if i was at that show i would boo until may face turned blue.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i agree with you besides the aaron lewis comment, he has a good voice and he sang a very good version of release in pittsburgh in may
  • yea i dont know what the fuck aic was thinking letting that piece of shit on stage (fester from linkin park) if they do anything like that again, or if they do that at the show im going to im totally booing his ass off the stage, or anyone else as pathetic as him.