"Talk to Me" - Nirvana

chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
edited November 2006 in Other Music
does anybody know if their is a studio version of this song? i was watching the box set dvd the other day and the live version of this song is amazing (i also have a bootleg with the song).

anybody know what era it was made too?

thunx.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    does anybody know if their is a studio version of this song? i was watching the box set dvd the other day and the live version of this song is amazing (i also have a bootleg with the song).

anybody know what era it was made too?

thunx.

I'll have to have a look through my downloaded rarities if you read through the book that comes with the box, that should tell you if and when there was a studio version recorded.
    I know I have a couple of versions here and there it's just finding them.:eek:
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • I think this song is a cover
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    This is what wikipedia says:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_to_Me_(song)

'Talk to Me' is a song by the American rock band, Nirvana. A live version, recorded on October 4, 1992 in Seattle, Washington, appears on the DVD of the band's 2004 posthumous box set, With the Lights Out.

Another popular version, recorded on November 17, 1991 in Mezzago, Italy, appeared on several bootlegs in the 1990s, such as Europe 1991 and the first Outcesticide album.

"Talk to Me" was most likely never recorded in the studio.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • no it was not.
  • thanks you guys. :)

bummer it was never recorded, it could be my favorite nirvana song.
  • no it was not.

it's most likely on one of the tapes that kurt had made...he was known for quality instead of quantity and wouldn't have busted out a song like that, as an original, unless he had went through it and recorded it...but, likely, it was never recorded, properly, in a studio.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Talk To Me alone was worth buying the boxset for.There was a hell of a lot of crap on that boxset but that was a nice find.Would've been a big hit as a single I think.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • It's also song #17 on Ultra Rare Trax. It says it was recorded live in 1991 and that "Courtney thought this sounded like Devo, but although it sounds like a cover version, it fact it's a Kurt original". There are a lot of excellent song on the disk. Totally dig "Clean up" from 1987.
  • huahhuah Posts: 18
    My bootleg version of it says "Live - Europe 1991", echoing what Wikipedia says.

Great song, one of my favorites.
    Matt Cameron is awesome.
  • Oh my god I forgot about that song, all I remember was the way Kurt sang "Talk to me" but I remember it so well for some reason.
  • Carlos D wrote:
    Talk To Me alone was worth buying the boxset for.There was a hell of a lot of crap on that boxset but that was a nice find.Would've been a big hit as a single I think.

god, no kiddin.
  • i get this stuck in my head all the time. i havent even listened to it in months but like a week ago i had the chorus in my head.