The Decemberists

PrlJam27PrlJam27 Posts: 346
edited October 2007 in Other Music
A friend of mine just turned me onto them. I got "The Crane Wife" and fuckin love it. Any suggestions on what I should get from them next?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Awesome band.

The Crane Wife is their best album.

You should get Picaresque next. It's almost as good.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Along with death cab for cutie I don't know what everyone hears in this band. Yawn.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Picaresque is great. I'm not very familiar with Castaways and Cutouts, but I like it.
  • evenflow82 wrote:
    Along with death cab for cutie I don't know what everyone hears in this band. Yawn.

Too bad for you! :)
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Get "The Tain"!!!

CANNOT wait to see these guys next month ... back to back shows ... one where they do only songs greater then 8 minutes, one where it's all songs under 5 ...

They are billing it as the "Long of it and Short of It" (mini) tour ...

weeeeeeee
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    They really aren't our thing. I'm really glad we went to see them though. I can see if you like their music how they could be infectious. Really likeable people. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    my favorite band....I personally prefer Picaresque to the Crane Wife - so I would highly recommend picking it up (you can't go wrong with any of their albums or EP's IMO)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i like them as well. got Crane Wife after reading some rave reviews.
    should listen to it a bit more though.
    the island is such a good song

coolest "new(ish)" band i discovered this year must be tv on the radio though
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick