Whats the deal with Radiohead and iTunes?

PrlJam27PrlJam27 Posts: 346
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Why cant I buy Radiohead albums on iTunes?? Anyone know?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PrlJam27 wrote:
    Why cant I buy Radiohead albums on iTunes?? Anyone know?

They don't want their stuff on itunes, just like many other bands.
    NERDS!
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    And for that matter where are the Beatles and Led Zeppelin
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I don't know exactly why radiohead is not on itunes. Perhaps it is the whole we sell albums not songs thing.

I have heard pablo honey and don't really like it. I would have purchased creep from itunes, but it is not on there so i got my buddy to burn a copy of pablo honey for me. They lost out on their share of 99 cents. :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    intodeep wrote:
    I don't know exactly why radiohead is not on itunes. Perhaps it is the whole we sell albums not songs thing.

I have heard pablo honey and don't really like it. I would have purchased creep from itunes, but it is not on there so i got my buddy to burn a copy of pablo honey for me. They lost out on their share of 99 cents. :D

If you are just listening to Pablo Honey than YOU are the one losing out. That album is dreadful, every other album of theirs blows that out of the water.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Why would you buy any music on iTunes?

You can rip the real cd's onto your computer. And they are better quality.
    Cock Fight.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Tek Money wrote:
    Why would you buy any music on iTunes?

You can rip the real cd's onto your computer. And they are better quality.

+1

And, you get the album art and liner notes.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    If you are just listening to Pablo Honey than YOU are the one losing out. That album is dreadful, every other album of theirs blows that out of the water.
    Well like i said i HAVE heard it and i DON'T like it, but i like creep and i wanted that song. So i would have purchased that song, but instead i just got it from a friend.

Itunes has its advantages. Many places i go to don't have cd's by bands that i like. They just carry major artist. So itunes has a lot of stuff i can't get at local cd shops or big chain stores (best buy etc) PLUS i don't need the booklet i hardley ever look at them with the exception of a few bands. Also I consume a good bit of music and 9.99 for the songs on itunes is much better then 15.99 or whatever i might pay at the local shop. If you are buying 10 cds a month and saving about 5 bucks a piece on it that adds up.

so those are the pros for itunes obviously it has poor aspects also, but i think they offer a service i greatly enjoy.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    intodeep wrote:
    They were actually toying around with the idea of releasing songs on their own website for sale individually as they finish them in the studio rather than releasing proper albums. They ditched it and re-signed a contract with Capitol or whatever, but I don't think they care about the idea of selling individual songs, I think it is more of an anti-capitalist pig type deal.
  • If you are just listening to Pablo Honey than YOU are the one losing out. That album is dreadful, every other album of theirs blows that out of the water.
    ^^^^^^^^^

I don't hate Pablo Honey, but there's no way it comes close to any of the others. Incredibly different than PH's sound as well. You really gotta check them out... go chronologically. Or if you don't want to end depressed go in reverse order and you might get happier :p
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • intodeep wrote:
    I don't know exactly why radiohead is not on itunes. Perhaps it is the whole we sell albums not songs thing.:D

This is exactly the reason, plain and simple, at least that's what they've said in articles I've read on 'why isn't (insert artist here) on itunes?' They think by not listening to the album as a complete work, you're negativley impacting the artistic statement they want to make.
  • LedZepFan wrote:
    And for that matter where are the Beatles and Led Zeppelin

Tool doesn't either
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Tool doesn't either
    I believe the Chili Peppers just recently allowed their stuff on Itunes.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"