Miscommunication

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Someone was about to ask me a question because I like "old" music. I am listening to Santana's Abraxas right now, and I'm like, yeah, I like older music. Then she asked me what I knew about the Pixies. Whoa, mega years difference, you think?

What is "old" music now? Also, the person is probably near me in age, but do you think "old" music is age dependent? 80's music isn't old. . . it's retro! :)
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I remember a record shop in Cambridge, years ago, which would make the distinction between chart and ex-chart singles. Chart singles would sell in the main part of the store, downstairs, and ex-chart singles would sell upstairs, along with all the second-hand, original Track Records Hendrix LPs, and other rarities. Newness always drove the music industry.

Nowadays, marketing fits different eras or styles of music into demographic bands. Occasionally, the odd band like Zep or Nirvana seems to be able to straddle different demographics, and seem somehow "new". Why, I don't know. Continuing cultural relevance? Business practices?
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Slayer's Reign In Blood is 20 years old, I'd think that counts as fairly old
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");