edited April 2007 in Other Music
Trading Stories with the Leaves Issue #2

Project Manager: Ms. Haiku
Graphic Design: dunkman
Guest Editor: FinsburyParkCarrots
Guest Competition Judge: MasterFramer
Legal Advisor: wilfmiss
Feature Editor: VictoryGin

Trading Stories with the Leaves is a PJ Fanzine comprised of volunteer staff and artists/writers that ultimately will be presented as a gift to Pearl Jam, and will be posted on the internet as a pdf for all. The subject focus per issue will be a Pearl Jam album. All submissions should relate back at least broadly to the album theme songs/lyrics/music/message in some way. Font size 11/any font style.

Album Theme for Issue #2: VS
Please include how your submission relates to VS in your email. If it does not directly relate, make something up
:)

Cover page – dunkman
Inside cover page, with writer/artist credits and contents listing – Ms. Haiku
Editorial Page – FinsburyParkCarrots

Immortality Section:
Poetry/Prose – 5 total submissions included in zine/250 words max each
If interested, please email tradingstories2@yahoo.com, and include Immortality in the subject line.

Present Tense Section:
Non-Pearl Jam music reviews – 10 total submissions included in zine/500 words max each. If interested, please email tradingstories2@yahoo.com, and include Present Tense in the subject line.

Release Section:
Visual art (painting/non-tour photographs/etc) – 10 total submissions included in zine/200x200 pixels jpg each. If interested, please email tradingstories2@yahoo.com, and include Release in the subject line.

Please include how your submission relates to VS in your email. If it does not directly relate, make something up

Live on Two Legs Section:
PJ Tour Photos – please submit on http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=230588&highlight=stories.

Mankind Section:
Recipes - 3 total submissions included in zine/1 page total each. If interested, please email tradingstories2@yahoo.com, and include Mankind in the subject line.

Leash Section:
Best Live Concert Memories – 5 total submissions in zine/500 words max each. If interested, please email tradingstories2@yahoo.com, and include Leash in the subject line.

Inside Job Section:
Milestones/announcements (first poem published, first gig, graduation, weddings, births) – 5 total submissions included in zine/250 words max each. If interested, please email tradingstories2@yahoo.com, and include Inside Job in the subject line.

Bugs Section:
Light (Years) entertainment which includes stand-up sketches/comics etc – 5 total submissions included in zine/1 page max each. If interested, please email tradingstories2@yahoo.com, and include Bugs in the subject line.

Evacuation Section:
Feature #1 by VictoryGin analysis of current culture/events.

Push Me, Pull Me Section:
Feature #2 Dunkman interviews a PJ fan. If interested in being interviewed please pm Dunkman, and include Push Me, Pull Me in the subject line.

Big Wave Section:
Competition – Design a Pearl Jam Concert Poster for your place/date of birth. If Pearl Jam were playing in the city you were born on the day you were born, what would the concert poster look like? If interested please submit 200x200 pixel jpg of design to tradingstories2@yahoo.com, and include Big Wave in the subject line. MasterFramer will judge the entries.

All submissions due by May 15, 2007.

A few notes:
This is not sanctioned by Pearl Jam, but inspired by them :)

******Please write in email that you give Trading Stories with the Leaves Fanzine permission to use your work.

******Please include the name you would like to appear in the contents listing of the fanzine. Is it your Synergy Board Name, your real name, a nickname, etc.

******Please complete and include the following sentence with your submissions:

This relates to VS because . . .

If more than the maximum number are submitted for a particular section then the submissions to be included will be picked out of a hat (except for the Big Wave section.) For instance, if more than 5 contributors submit items for the Leash section, then I will put 5 of the names in a hat, and notify those that did not get picked this time.

You can submit as many items as you want, but for fairness sake, only one item will appear from any contributor in each issue. If only 2 people submit recipes, but 30 people submit concert reviews, and one of the people who submitted a recipe also submitted a concert review, then that person’s recipe would be included, and not the concert review.

If you have any questions, please direct them to tradingstories2@yahoo.com.

To view issue #1, please visit http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=239454
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird