Options

10,000 Days Certified Platinum

KillTakerKillTaker Posts: 140
edited June 2006 in Other Music
FYI for the toolheads..

10,000 Days has officially sold a million units in the U.S.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    i've only given it a go thru once, and i was kinda hammered, so i have to give it some more spins. but it kind of sounded like a mesh between Tool and A Perfect Circle. The big dissapointment to me (and remember I was a bit sloshed) was the lack of Dana Carey on the album. I mean his drumming is just plain sick on Lateralus, and it seems somewhat muted on this album. Just my somewhat drunken opinon. However, phenomenal packaging. One of the best packages I've ever seen.

Side note: The new cover art for Six Organs of Admittance "The Sun Awakens" is brilliant. Very evocative of the album title. I've got to get this on vinyl. Anyone know when PJ's self-titled will be released on vinyl. I was almost jealous that Letterman had a sweet red vinyl version. I so wanted to gank it from him. :)
    Live Free or Die!
  • Options
    JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    The drumming on the Lateralus album as a whole is probably the best drumming album ever recorded IMO. It would be hard for anyone to top the drumming on that album. Vicarious, Rosetta Stoned and Right In Two have incredible drumming also.

Oh, it's Danny Carey! :)
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Well, considering it's really good, that's great. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Going platinum in a month's time is pretty good for a rock album these days.

Kudos, though I don't really get TOOL.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    ridiculous album...Lateralus and 10K days are their best work
  • Options
    feljokerfeljoker Posts: 11
    JamnPearl wrote:
    The drumming on the Lateralus album as a whole is probably the best drumming album ever recorded IMO. It would be hard for anyone to top the drumming on that album. Vicarious, Rosetta Stoned and Right In Two have incredible drumming also.

Oh, it's Danny Carey! :)

..the pot..i'm learning to sing (i'm VERY sorry for my english..)..and..it's amazing!..i think that man could sing for more than one hour without any instrument..the greatest voice fo modern metal..

..i really love EDDIE too, of course..but it isn't the same thing..
    ..it's not like you kill someone..
    it's not like you drove an hateful spit into his side..
  • Options
    KillTakerKillTaker Posts: 140
    3sheets wrote:
    i've only given it a go thru once, and i was kinda hammered, so i have to give it some more spins. but it kind of sounded like a mesh between Tool and A Perfect Circle. The big dissapointment to me (and remember I was a bit sloshed) was the lack of Dana Carey on the album. I mean his drumming is just plain sick on Lateralus, and it seems somewhat muted on this album. Just my somewhat drunken opinon. However, phenomenal packaging. One of the best packages I've ever seen.

Side note: The new cover art for Six Organs of Admittance "The Sun Awakens" is brilliant. Very evocative of the album title. I've got to get this on vinyl. Anyone know when PJ's self-titled will be released on vinyl. I was almost jealous that Letterman had a sweet red vinyl version. I so wanted to gank it from him. :)

The vinyl Letterman had was the Benaroya Hall.. (Cover was avocado, actual record was benaroya).
  • Options
    ridiculous album...Lateralus and 10K days are their best work

I can only assume you haven't heard Aenema....or Undertow.
  • Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    I can only assume you haven't heard Aenema....or Undertow.

Aenima and Lateralus are there best work.
    Even Undertow is better than 10k days. Hell even Opiate is.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    DieasGrey wrote:
    Aenima and Lateralus are there best work.
    Even Undertow is better than 10k days. Hell even Opiate is.

i love opiate! :D

10k days is good. the first half of the album especially. the pot is the albums pinnacle.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    feljokerfeljoker Posts: 11
    ..the pot is quite similar to an old soundgarden's song..i forgot the title..

..and roseta stoned..(or maybe the song immediately before..)..is HEYFOXYMOPHANDLEMAMA,THAT'S ME..

..agree?
    ..it's not like you kill someone..
    it's not like you drove an hateful spit into his side..