Gladiatorrrrrs READY!

Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
edited June 2008 in Other Music
So for the British and Irish, Gladiators is coming back next week. Anyone else gonna be watching? I definitely will be. Gladiators was an integral part of my childhood. Every Saturday evening my family would have our tea and watch it. absolutely loved it. It won't be the same without Wolf, and Ulrika and Fash have been replaced, but they have brought back John Anderson to be referee so not all is lost.
Hopefully it'll be as entertaining as the original series.
I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I can't fuckin wait, I've got friends coming over to watch it with some beers. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I can't fuckin wait, I've got friends coming over to watch it with some beers. :D
    I would be doin that if I didn't have exams. Gladiator party for the win!!! Unfortunately, I'll just have to take a study break sans alcohol.
  • I would be doin that if I didn't have exams. Gladiator party for the win!!! Unfortunately, I'll just have to take a study break sans alcohol.

Do it to celebrate the end of the exams man, double-barrel it!

Btw why is this in 'Other Music'?

I may as well make it Other Music-related and say I bought the Gladiators album when I was a kid. ;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

Do it to celebrate the end of the exams man, double-barrel it!

I may as well make it Other Music-related and say I bought the Gladiators album when I was a kid. ;)
    oops. Thought I was in the AET. I rarely stray from there. Dang this is the second time this happened. I was just in the AET and thinking, where did my thread go/ Why was it deleted :p
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Because the prospect of another Jet discussion is music to our ears? :p

http://www.mcsagency.co.uk/agency/female-pics/female-large/JPEG/DIANEYOUDALE.jpg

She should return somehow, as a presenter if not a gladiator. Then I will watch every episode.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

http://www.mcsagency.co.uk/agency/female-pics/female-large/JPEG/DIANEYOUDALE.jpg

She should return somehow, as a presenter if not a gladiator. Then I will watch every episode.
    she is somehow involved in the background, and so is Hunter, but they won't be seen on telly :(
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:

Holy shit my life just flashed before my eyes and I felt kinda funny. :eek:

• wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Right...I have to post in this thread so it comes up on my CP thingy...then I won't forget it starts next week. Hurrah!!!

My 2 favs were Wolf and Zodiac (my friend wanted to be Jet, I wanted to be Zodiac).

I was trying to remember the blokes...there was Saracen (who was my other friends fav), Shadow (didn't he leave coz of drugs?) and another who I really couldn't stand...not Hunter...an older one, blondish hair.

Oh...and a small claim to fame...I met Falcon and one of the other blokes (again, blondish hair, slightly cheeky chappie...name escapes me) at my local 'Help the aged' thing. I think I might still have a polaroid of me with them.

Won't be the same without Fash though. Awooooga!!! :D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
    wash_ wrote:
    Right...I have to post in this thread so it comes up on my CP thingy...then I won't forget it starts next week. Hurrah!!!

My 2 favs were Wolf and Zodiac (my friend wanted to be Jet, I wanted to be Zodiac).

I was trying to remember the blokes...there was Saracen (who was my other friends fav), Shadow (didn't he leave coz of drugs?) and another who I really couldn't stand...not Hunter...an older one, blondish hair.

Oh...and a small claim to fame...I met Falcon and one of the other blokes (again, blondish hair, slightly cheeky chappie...name escapes me) at my local 'Help the aged' thing. I think I might still have a polaroid of me with them.

Won't be the same without Fash though. Awooooga!!! :D
    I met Hunter once. The other blonde guy you mean... Warrior? I liked him.

Zodiac was hot too. Not in the same league as Jet though.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

Beat me to it!!
    I used to imagine partaking in the event where they hang from the metal hoops, thought of jet wrapping her legs..........

You musta been pretty fuckin' young back then! not quite the innocent child eh?
    elmer wrote:
    Beat me to it!!
    I used to imagine partaking in the event where they hang from the metal hoops, thought of jet wrapping her legs..........

Jet was the first woman who ever stirred THOSE kinds of feelings in me... :p Made every saturday night enjoyable. But yeah, evidently my awakening to the virtues of women was pretty early. I have had the same thoughts about that hang tough event ;) Fuck, I'd direct myself straight into her path if I was a contender, winning the event would be crap in comparison :D Did they ever do male contender vs female gladiator matches??
  • elmer wrote:
    Beat me to it!!

He wasn't the only 6/7 year old noticing Jet's charms. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Jet was the first woman who ever stirred THOSE kinds of feelings in me... :p Made every saturday night enjoyable. But yeah, evidently my awakening to the virtues of women was pretty early. I have had the same thoughts about that hang tough event ;) Fuck, I'd direct myself straight into her path if I was a contender, winning the event would be crap in comparison :D Did they ever do male contender vs female gladiator matches??
    HaHa! Coundn't be better imagery to stir pint-sized depravity!!
    There was never mixed events as far as I know. Saw Scorpio at a computer games exhibition in Earls Court once, in costume and all, remember she looked very short and feeble compared to tv.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I met Hunter once. The other blonde guy you mean... Warrior? I liked him.

Zodiac was hot too. Not in the same league as Jet though.

Warrior! That was it! Yeah, he's the guy I couldn't stand. I tried searching for old school gladiators on the web last night and theres nothing! Such a crime!!!

Unfortunately there weren't too much hot guys for the girls to like. Sounds like it's just you blokes that got that sort of fun out of gladiators. Maybe us girls will be in luck with the new version! :D
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• wash_ wrote:
    Warrior! That was it! Yeah, he's the guy I couldn't stand. I tried searching for old school gladiators on the web last night and theres nothing! Such a crime!!!

Unfortunately there weren't too much hot guys for the girls to like. Sounds like it's just you blokes that got that sort of fun out of gladiators. Maybe us girls will be in luck with the new version! :D

Well, with Kirsty Gallagher presenting, I think us guys have already got our share of eye candy. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Crapola.

I have a problem. I can't get Sky on freeview :( . Doesn't look i'll be able to watch it :( :(
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
    Bit of a pisser, I'm on Virgin Media and can't get Sky 1.
    Kirsty G. oh mama!
  • I just watched it. Jeeez it was funny! :)

Memories of me and my brother playing Gladiators came flooding back... I say 'playing Gladiators' he used to just say 'now you run across the living room and I'll throw stuff at you'. :D
    I just watched it. Jeeez it was funny! :)

Memories of me and my brother playing Gladiators came flooding back... I say 'playing Gladiators' he used to just say 'now you run across the living room and I'll throw stuff at you'. :D
    Me and my brothers did that too!!! :D

the only event we could really manage was the gauntlet though. and by gauntlet I mean my brother, ten years my senior, running at me with his fist outstretched while I attempted to throw an entire sofa at him.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Me and my brothers did that too!!! :D

the only event we could really manage was the gauntlet though. and by gauntlet I mean my brother, ten years my senior, running at me with his fist outstretched while I attempted to throw an entire sofa at him.

hahaha... kids all across the nation must have been beating each other up because of that show. :D
  • So is anybody still watching the new show? I am! :D:o

...and it's got nothing to do with 'Spartan', I promise!