Bands you like but are just totally sick of

smg9779smg9779 Posts: 235
edited January 2008 in Other Music
For me:

RHCP
Nirvana
Smashing Pumpkins

If one of their songs starts playing on the radio I usually change it immediately. I swear, if I hear Under the Bridge, Bullet with Butterfly Wings or Come as You Are one more time I'm gonna vomit. I think the problem is that none of these bands has done anything noteworthy in a long time.
Steve

11/18/97 Oakland
07/13/98 Los Angeles
07/14/98 Los Angeles
10/31/99 Bridge School
10/28/00 San Bernardino
10/31/00 Mountain View
10/21/01 Bridge School
06/01/03 Mountain View
07/15/06 SF I
07/16/06 SF II
07/18/06 SF III
10/21/06 Bridge School
04/07/08 Berkeley
04/08/08 Berkeley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nirvana. I start to listen to them and get very tired very quickly.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    REM
    Rolling Stones
    U2
  • AudioSlave
    Temple of The Dog
    SoundGarden

Don't get me wrong... I love chris cornell. The problem is I have almost all CD's with him in it... and I am SO SICK of his voice. Every time I put my library on random his damn voice is always there. I always just quick switch it and try to erase the memory of his voice... I'm hoping someday I'll wanna hear him again... but it is just not coming to me..
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    At the moment, I am a bit sick of U2. I love them, but could do without them for a while.
  • I've been sick of Nirvana for about a year, the only songs I can get through now are the live version of Spank Thru, Milk It, and Radio Friendly Unit Shifter.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • I'm sick of Nevermind and unplugged, but I'm still crazy about Bleach, En Utero and Incesticide.

I've pretty much worn out Appetite for Destruction.

Pink Floyd.

Pearl Jam. i've been listening to them for days. I need to give them a break for about a week to recharge. :)
  • MrSmith wrote:
    Pearl Jam. i've been listening to them for days. I need to give them a break for about a week to recharge. :)
    Up until today, I have been on a Pearl Jam blackout. It's lasted about 3 months. I am ready to dive back in. :D
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • red hot chili peppers are overplayed these days.....i dig them though. i fucking hate 'snow, hey oh.'
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • red hot chili peppers and Led Zeppelin
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • talk about over played.... Korn....
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    probably Ben Harper
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Radiohead. They've sucked since OK Computer, and their earlier albums have too many bad memories associated w them.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Led Zeppelin - i have every album of theres and would try to get tickets to see them live in a heart beat, but i have not listened to anything of theres in probably close to 10 years.

also, i have been putting myself through a pearl jam fast. i visit the forums daily, but i have not listened to anything pearl jam in quite a few months. i do not count Into The Wild as pearl jam btw!
  • Pretty much all the bands in this thread, even Pearl Jam.

I don't think I've actually listened to a full Pearl Jam song since a couple of weeks after Lolla. I never even watched their new DVD and I've had it for months.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Good thread, I do have this problem too

Pink Floyd
    The Who
    The Cars
    Johnny Cash
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    RHCP - so sick of them especially By The Way, Californication, Stadium Arcadium hits (and all the shit since 1999)!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • MrSmith wrote:
    Radiohead. They've sucked since OK Computer, and their earlier albums have too many bad memories associated w them.

You obviously haven't listened to In Rainbows.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    I am so sick of all the new RHCp stuff and the same nirvana songs played over and over
  • red hot chili peppers are overplayed these days.....i dig them though. i fucking hate 'snow, hey oh.'

You took the words out of my mouth, I HATE that song so much. I've been a fan for years, but last year after watching them for ten minutes at a festival I decided to leave they were that damn boring.

U2 is another one, do they even make music any more? I only seem to see Bono blabbering on about poverty and stuff.
  • You obviously haven't listened to In Rainbows.

Yeah I haven't been much of a fan since OK Computer either, but having given In Rainbows a proper listen, I have to say it has some amazing songs on it, far more like the Radiohead of old - in terms of more organic band-orientated songs. Can't stop playing Nude, All I Need and Reckoner at the moment.
  • You obviously haven't listened to In Rainbows.

its growing on me, at least a few songs. Videotape is great.
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    RHCP. When I hear them on the radio now, I can't remember what I liked so much about them. I don't play the albums I have anymore, and I wouldn't buy the last two. ... a word of warning to bands who stop evolving, your fans might just get sick of you.

And although Dave talks a lot about taking new musical directions, I can't put a Foo Fighters album on around here without my whole family screaming at me to turn it off. They don't have a problem with the first two albums, but anything past that gets a rousing, "Nooooo!"
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • RHCP to me has always been a band that releases a song i like at first. then I quickly get tired of it and never hear it again. very short term.
  • tylerpjtxtylerpjtx Posts: 201
    rhcp is prob so popular on this thread because they're sitll so media friendly so you hear their songs on everything...commercials on tv, nonstop radio play, etc...sucks cuz i think they're incredible

for me, i've been so tired of nirvana for about three years now. i dont even think i like them anymore. i can appreciate what cobain was about to a certain extent. but after reading more and more about him i keep thinking more and more that there wasnt all that much good in him. he was so judgemental of people and that pisses me off. so i've just kinda given up. i cant really listen to many bands unless i feel like i could hang out with them and not hate them. pretty hard deal.

also: soundgarden, sister hazel, a little pj
    all these burning battlefields are now behind us, life has brought us here together to remind us, that love will rise above it all and just keep growin, life keeps flowing and every moment starts right here with us
    -mason jennings
  • Good music is good music period. I'm not really sure how you can get sick of good music. That's what makes it good, it's timeless.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Good music is good music period. I'm not really sure how you can get sick of good music. That's what makes it good, it's timeless.

You make a good point, but sometimes what you consider to be "good" can change with your own personal circumstances ... or just because you've exposed yourself to other kinds of music that fine tune your own musical preferences and send you off into another direction, making what you may have liked before sound trite.

Essentially you're right, though. If it's really good, changing trends won't diminish it.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
    Good music is good music period. I'm not really sure how you can get sick of good music. That's what makes it good, it's timeless.

Just because something is good doesnt mean that you cant get sick of it. Anything can be bad in high doses. Hell, even water can kill you if you drink too much.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• i havent listened to a zeppelin album in a few years and dont ever really get the need to listen to them. also rage against the machine. probably every other artist i like i listen to fairly often.
  • Green Day. I loved them in the nineties but I'm sick of them now. They seem like nice guys but I can't stand their recent music.
    Green Day. I loved them in the nineties but I'm sick of them now. They seem like nice guys but I can't stand their recent music.

Good one that I completely forgot about, I dont like their new music either but cant even stand to hear the old stuff anymore. I think I am kinda disgusted by them because of the shit music of now that they paved the way for.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006