Levon Helm - Dirt Farmer

NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Anyone else pick this up yet? I downloaded it yesterday on a whim - I've always liked his voice and appreciate Americana... and his recent story (cancer, never sing again, now singing) is inspiring.

It's really quite an entertaining, good album... if you're into folky-americana stuff. He sings like someone who loves singing and faced the possibility of not singing again...

Standout tracks: Calvary, Anna Lee, The Mountain, and False Hearted Lover Blues
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    NakedClown wrote:
    Anyone else pick this up yet? I downloaded it yesterday on a whim - I've always liked his voice and appreciate Americana... and his recent story (cancer, never sing again, now singing) is inspiring.

It's really quite an entertaining, good album... if you're into folky-americana stuff. He sings like someone who loves singing and faced the possibility of not singing again...

Standout tracks: Calvary, Anna Lee, The Mountain, and False Hearted Lover Blues
    I love this album. I bought in on a lark. Our cable was out for over a week due to the ice storms in February so I just happened to be listening to NPR when they had an interview with him and played some songs from Dirt Farmer. I decided I would try it and boy do I like it. I like bluegrass/folk music, but tend to get bored with it quickly. Not this album.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • really been meaning to pick this one up. im a big levon helm/the band fan
    saw things so much clearer