Options

Greg Graffin - Cold as Clay

NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I didn't even know Greg Graffin (lead singer of Bad Religion) was doing this. He's releasing a folk music CD - you can stream the whole thing now at MySpace... http://www.myspace.com/greggraffin

Pretty interesting stuff... I might have to pick this up when it comes out...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I've been listening to this all day - pretty good stuff...

BUMP for afternoon visitors...
  • Options
    Hmmm.... this is interesting to me... are there no Bad Religion fans on this site?
  • Options
    bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
    I've heard the song "Don't Be Afraid to Run," and I love it, so I'll probably just buy the CD when it comes out on Tuesday. Did you know Graffin has a Ph.D in Biology from Cornell?
    The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
  • Options
    I was just on youtube, they have a bunch of clips of Greg performing Bad Religion songs acoustically. When you think of it, a lot of their songs sound like loud, sped-up versions of folk songs.
    Eric
  • Options
    bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    fuck yeah I'm a fan. it's just surreal to think of him strumming an acoustic and not singing over riffs and power chords. he is a brilliant lyricist.
  • Options
    Bump to remind you that this came out today and it is amazing...
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Didn’t know about any solo work so this should be interesting. I just listened to Lincoln’s Funeral Train for first time and I flipping love it. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2021
    Hi! said:
    Didn’t know about any solo work so this should be interesting. I just listened to Lincoln’s Funeral Train for first time and I flipping love it. 
    That song is off Millport in 2017.  Both albums are awesome. Different than the first “solo” record he put out in 1997 (American Lesion). 
    American Lesion is great as well, just a little closer to the punk sound than the other two. 

Edit - punk sound*
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Hi! said:
    That song is off Millport in 2017.  Both albums are awesome. Different than the first “solo” record he put out in 1997 (American Lesion). 
    American Lesion is great as well, just a little closer to the pink sound than the other two. 

Right, I thought about that after I posted. Lincoln’s Funeral Train caught my attention immediately because I had  actually visited Springfield last year, and although everything was closed, I was still able to go for A Walk around town. Seen Lincoln’s old home, his old law offices, old state house, and then walked to Oak Ridge Cemetery where Lincoln is buried. It was time of lonely contemplation. I felt sad actually thinking about all Lincoln gave and looking around where he is now laid to rest. 

Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    American Lesion is great as well, just a little closer to the pink sound than the other two. 

Right, I thought about that after I posted. Lincoln’s Funeral Train caught my attention immediately because I had  actually visited Springfield last year, and although everything was closed, I was still able to go for A Walk around town. Seen Lincoln’s old home, his old law offices, old state house, and then walked to Oak Ridge Cemetery where Lincoln is buried. It was time of lonely contemplation. I felt sad actually thinking about all Lincoln gave and looking around where he is now laid to rest. 

Cool story. Awesome how that experience lead you to seeing that song title and discovering GG’s solos stuff! The best thing (for me) about these two albums is you can hear what an influence Gord Lightfoot was on GG as a storyteller. 
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

Cool story. Awesome how that experience lead you to seeing that song title and discovering GG’s solos stuff! The best thing (for me) about these two albums is you can hear what an influence Gord Lightfoot was on GG as a storyteller. 
    I know, right?!?! My life is really beginning to come full circle! NOT!!
    Yeah, just familiar with the Edmund Fitzgerald song, but definitely see the connection between those two.

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

Yeah, just familiar with the Edmund Fitzgerald song, but definitely see the connection between those two.
    Gord Lightfoot has a deep catalogue, worth diving into. My favourite album is Don Quixote 
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

Gord Lightfoot has a deep catalogue, worth diving into. My favourite album is Don Quixote 

Awesome, I will dig in this week sometime. I have listened to all 3 Graffin solo records and I think they’re incredible, so glad I came across them. Looking forward to listening to the Lightfoot.