Options

Frank Sinatra help please-

Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
edited March 2006 in Other Music
so im 21 but i wanna get into frank sinatra, but i dont know where to start. i like to more upbeat and happier songs- anyone got any songs or cd's they recomend?

thanks
"The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    so im 21 but i wanna get into frank sinatra, but i dont know where to start. i like to more upbeat and happier songs- anyone got any songs or cd's they recomend?

thanks
    just buy a greatest hits cd.....and your good to go.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I would try Amazon. There you can listen to snipets of his songs and see what you like before buying. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Sinatra Reprise: The Very Good Years

Summer Winds

i love that song
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    The best Sinatra I have heard is a new live CD that came out last year for the Vegas 100th anniversary. Live at the Golden Nugget. Frank at his best.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007RIYX6/qid=1143127944/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_4/103-3125448-2854252?v=glance&s=music&n=507846
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    he's dead, jim.
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    The modern rock/alternative station I listen to in Edmonton plays
    Frank everyday at 5:00pm. Its called the Furious Frank at 5!!! :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840

thanks

"Swing and Dance with Frank Sinatra" is another good compilation. It's actually his really old stuff and it's supposed to be for dancing so there you go. "Saturday Night" is one of my faves and opens the compilation. You can't go wrong with this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002ACS/qid=1143161145/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-5938443-0957500?s=music&v=glance&n=5174
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    The answer to your query is in this one album, considered a classic and one of Frank's very best: "Songs for Swingin' Lovers." That is all you need.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho