Options

kIDNEY STONE UPDATE :)

ScottandPearlJamScottandPearlJam Posts: 1,126
edited June 2008 in The Porch
If anyone cares....still didn't pass the stone. After the first MSG I checked back into the hospital....severe pain, worse then ever. After they really couldn't do anyhthing I was released. Second night not as much pain but still made its present felt from time to time. I am sure some of you guys saw me....First night I was holding my side the entire night section 74. Second night I was on the floor section 100 back row. I was laying on my girlfriend or my head was laying back in my seat until pj took the stage. I don't regret going at all.....I just want to pass this damn thing :)

Scott
10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
5/21/10 9/7/11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    good call going to the shows, glad you enjoyed them. was an interesting thread / chat you got started the other day :)

you'll beat the little bastard. gl
  • Options
    Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    drink lots of water.
    the Minions
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Man...The way the Garden was shaking the last 2 nights I'm suprised that you didn't pass it right then and there. Probably better for you because it would have been shit to pass one of those things at a concert.

I passed 2 stones last year about (5 cm each!!) and it was like someone was stabbing me with a dull knife in my side....Easily the worst experience of my life.

No joke...My Doctor told me to "Drink Lot's of Beer" and like a good Gonzo, I drank and drank and drank and sure enough I eventually passed the bastards...It hurt like a motherfucker though.

My advise is to drink a ton of beer and water and sit on top of a bass amp that is turned up to 10. Have someone play the bass with really low notes and that should scare those bastard stones right out of your system.

Take Care
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'm really glad you got to go. Missing shows due to illness sucks (it happened to me with the Cure) How come you don't get lithotripsy though?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    circles downcircles down Posts: 182
    At least you didn't have butt stones.
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    would have been cool if you passed them during "evenflow"
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
    Make sure your doctor puts you on a class of medication called an alpha blocker for a couple of weeks. Generic names are tamsulosin, doxazosin, terazosin. The most common medication is Flomax (brand name). These are all prostate medications to help with urinating. It relaxes the smooth muscles in the prostate to help old guys with enlarged prostates urinate better. The same muscles are found in your ureter (tube connecting your kidney to your bladder). Part of the pain is from spasms in the ureter which prevent the stone from passing. By relaxing the muscles the stones passes more easily.

Beer is a diuretic (makes you pee). It works well in moderation. Don't over do it. If you get worse and have to go back to the hospital you don't want to be drunk. It could effect anesthesia if you need surgery.
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Not to make light of a painful situation, but this is like, the best thread title ever ...

In the morning, I get up, go to the can, grab a coffee, and sit down at my computer to get today's kidney stone update.
    ;)
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Good luck with the Stone.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Urohawk wrote:
    Make sure your doctor puts you on a class of medication called an alpha blocker for a couple of weeks. Generic names are tamsulosin, doxazosin, terazosin. The most common medication is Flomax (brand name). These are all prostate medications to help with urinating. It relaxes the smooth muscles in the prostate to help old guys with enlarged prostates urinate better. The same muscles are found in your ureter (tube connecting your kidney to your bladder). Part of the pain is from spasms in the ureter which prevent the stone from passing. By relaxing the muscles the stones passes more easily.

Beer is a diuretic (makes you pee). It works well in moderation. Don't over do it. If you get worse and have to go back to the hospital you don't want to be drunk. It could effect anesthesia if you need surgery.

Awesome how the dude with all the kidney advice has the username "Urohawk".
    ;)
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    hang in there scott :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    OMG! You're such a trooper! I've had 4 kidney infections...one extremely serious one (I almost died) so I can't even imagine how you went to the shows in that much pain. I applaud you! Way to suck it up!! :) I hope you feel better really soon!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper