Dishwalla

bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
edited January 2007 in Other Music
So I really like Dishwalla's one hit , "Counting Blue Cars," and most of what I read says the rest of that CD, "Pet Your Friends," is good. But it didn't generate any other hits, so I want some more opinions (on the other hand, No Code didn't generate many hits either). Has any one heard "Pet Your Friends," and is this a CD worth buying?
The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dishwalla's one of those bands who tried to sneak in the door of grunge as it was closing shut. Where bands like Better Than Ezra and Everclear barely got in, Dihswalla had the door slammed in their faces. Kind of a shame actually, they were a decent enough band.

That doesn't answer your question, so I'll say this instead. Pet Your Friends is a pleasant enough listen, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. If you look around at stores that sell used CDs, you should be able to pick one up cheap. That way, no matter what your opinion of the rest of the album, you'll get your money's worth out of Counting Blue Cars.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
  • goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Pet your friends is a good album but the weakest in their catalog. Their most recent self titled is very strong as was the live album & Opaline. Their more recent stuff could be described as similar to Throwing Copper era live, or U2 but only their introspective stuff not the big anthem type songs. If you're looking for another Counting Blue Cars, the haven't tried to rewrite that, so nothing really similar, actually a more guitar based band now. Try going to Amazon & listen to the clips of their stuff.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Rescuing this thread from blighty.....

I love their self-titled album, reminds me a lot of Throwing Copper by Live. The song Coral Sky is an absolute beast of a song, and the singer's voice is wicked!!!
    That will be all....
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i liked pet your friends. im going to buy it again soon. im sure it's out there in your local cd shop for a few bucks and it'd be worth every penny.
  • i hated "counting blue cars", but loved "charlie brown's parents".

opaline is their best album.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • i need to listen to that album more. i bought it back in the day, but never really listened to it much. what i did LOVE however, was the single from the second album, "once in a while." great song. need to check out their other stuff. i'm importing the whole 'pet your friends' cd as we speak.