Options

Robert Randolph - Unclassified

bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Ok, so Robert Randolph and the Family Band was one of the best concerts I have ever been to, and Live at the Wetlands is an orgasmic CD. But the 30 second clips on iTunes from Unclassified do not impress me, although I love the song "Nobody" (by that, I mean: I love the last half of "Nobody", after the drums hit double-time). Is this CD worth picking up, or is RRFB just not a studio band?
The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    bucket1988 wrote:
    Ok, so Robert Randolph and the Family Band was one of the best concerts I have ever been to, and Live at the Wetlands is an orgasmic CD. But the 30 second clips on iTunes from Unclassified do not impress me, although I love the song "Nobody" (by that, I mean: I love the last half of "Nobody", after the drums hit double-time). Is this CD worth picking up, or is RRFB just not a studio band?

its worth getting, I agree he's better live...but some of his solos on the studio album are amazing.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Live at the Wetlands is a much better album. I never got into Unclassified. Didn't get to stretch out enough, although its worth having just for I Need More Love.

If you get a chance, check out the Word too. Its a gospel album Robert made with a few other guys from North Mississippi All-Stars, and Medeski, Martin, and Wood. Features his pedal steel front and center.

He's finally coming back to the west coast, but as an opener (again). Came around last year for Santana, and this year for DMB. Got no desire to see either act, and I'm not shelling out that much money to see him as an opener.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    'Smile', alone, makes Unclassified worth the price of admission.