sxsw

sleeplikeadogsleeplikeadog Posts: 156
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Anyone hitting up sxsw this year? They announced who's playing this week, and I am definately going. I think it's cool that they are giving people who live in Austin first crack at the wristbands this year too because we support the clubs and bands the rest of the year when noone else is around.
I'm excited. Jello Biafra, the Stooges, Against Me, Die Hunns, the Briefs, Lower Class Brats....fucking awesome
Walking is still honest
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Always an amaxing event. I might be covering it for Victiory Records. I do some freelance promotions work for them. If not I'm trying to go anyway.
    Try to check out my friends; The Forms (http://www.threespheres.com), I'm not sure which day they are playing, but they are awesome.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Anyone hitting up sxsw this year? They announced who's playing this week, and I am definately going. I think it's cool that they are giving people who live in Austin first crack at the wristbands this year too because we support the clubs and bands the rest of the year when noone else is around.
    I'm excited. Jello Biafra, the Stooges, Against Me, Die Hunns, the Briefs, Lower Class Brats....fucking awesome

yeah, i am definitely sad i moved from austin this time of year. say hi to emo's for me. (and don't forget to go see ghostland observatory because they fucking rock)

have fun.
    ...master of karate and friendship for everyone!
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Quite a lot of really good acts, old and new playing. If i was going id check out Mogwai, The Sunshine Underground and the View.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    That is pretty cool that they give first dibs on wristbands to Austin residents :D I SO miss living around that area for SXSW, great films! Great music! GREAT everything! :) Damn, I miss Emos and La Zona Rosa, such GREAT venues to see bands play.

To everyone who is attending sxsw, have fun! :) I wish I can go, there are SO many awesome bands that are playing. SPOON AND the Stooges?! Awesome! :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • say hi to emo's for me.

I love Emos. One of the best clubs ever, and they try to keep their covers lower than most clubs do, which is awesome. I get mad when a band I like plays somewhere other than emos hehe.
    Walking is still honest