Options

Warped Tour Question

primusprimus Posts: 7
edited April 2006 in Other Music
How is this whole event General Admission? Sounds great, thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    primus wrote:

Warped is GA, and there are usually multiple stages, so no lulls...each band plays 30 minutes, incl headliners.......set times vary each day...the big bands sometimes play early.
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    yeah and get ready for some serious dehydration.
    Her?
  • Options
    prljam85prljam85 Posts: 227
    lumpyfred wrote:
    yeah and get ready for some serious dehydration.
    yep, last summer i thought i was gonna pass out at the warped tour, but its a cool music festival.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    prljam85 wrote:
    yep, last summer i thought i was gonna pass out at the warped tour, but its a cool music festival.

I am going to Coachella this weekend.....temps in the 90s, with 50,000 other people, including ill-tempered Tool fans!
  • Options
    McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
    first and last time I've bought tickets for the warped tour was back in 1998.. Was a great one man..

2 days later, No Use For A Name came to my hometown to play a show in a shack. We were something like 400 persons maximum.. That was simply, crazy. There was technically no stage, so it was intime...

we had 2 good days (:...
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    primus wrote:
    well speaking from experience to the warped tour check out some of the smaller stages where you can find some good no name bands. dont go to the main stage thats where all the 14-16 girls will be who will want to see good charlotte.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    well speaking from experience to the warped tour check out some of the smaller stages where you can find some good no name bands. dont go to the main stage thats where all the 14-16 girls will be who will want to see good charlotte.
    Definitely agree with this statement. If there are a few bands you want to see on the main stage go see em, but if you're out to check out new music hang out around the second stage (i think its the south stage) and the smaller stages (they called em Maurice and Volcom last year I think).
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    It is a good time, but a few things suck. If you want to see only one or two bands, don't bother going. The big bands play for 30 minutes, which is a decent amount of time for most of the pop-punk bands with 2:30 songs. But still, you aren't going to get much enjoyment waiting all day for a couple of bands. Unless you REALLY, REALLY want to see those two.... Also, they have really bastardly rules about drinks, you buy a bottled drink and they remove the cap and throw it away in front of you so you can't fill it up at a fountain and return to the pit. The crowds can suck, a bunch of 17 year old kids(no offense to any here of course) that think punching people is moshing, and then the 13-15 year old girls who are just annoying. Finally, you ahve to get there when the gates open, they rotate who plays when so even if it is the biggest name on the bill, they could play in the first or second slot.

It is a fun time, there is a ton of free stuff and you will most likely be able to meet your favorite band, almost all of them do signings at their tent at some point. A lot of stuff to do and more than enough music to see and hear.

I went to a few, but I'm probably done with them, it is an experience worth being a part of, but not really my thing anymore.