Options

Gorillaz

JacobJacob Posts: 20
edited January 2006 in Other Music
I just bought Demon Days, and wow, it is epic. It's odd though how many music reviewers overlooked the song Demon Days in their reviews, I found it to be the best ending to an album I've heard in a long time.

I'm also wondering what people thought of their debut? Is it an album to purchase? or download...
things were different then
all is different now
I tried to explain
somehow...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i dont think theyre very good. and i hate the videos.
  • Options
    Jacob wrote:
    I just bought Demon Days, and wow, it is epic. It's odd though how many music reviewers overlooked the song Demon Days in their reviews, I found it to be the best ending to an album I've heard in a long time.

I'm also wondering what people thought of their debut? Is it an album to purchase? or download...

i haven't bought the new one yet, but i have the old one and it's good-not great. some strong songs; if you like the new one i would get the old one.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    Jacob wrote:

I bought demon days. Didnt care for it too much. I really liked the debut though. That had some killer songs on it. Rock the house, clint eastwood, 19-2000, double base, latin simone and tommorow comes today. What a great album. Demon days is to Gorrilaz what out of exile is to audioslave, nice followup, but not nearly as good.
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    Jacob wrote:

I thought their first one was better!!!!!! buy it if you can or just download the sucker who cares.
  • Options
    moloko21moloko21 Posts: 114
    Demon Days is MUCH better than their debut. Gorillaz was more poppy and mainstream. Demon Days is darker and takes a little longer to get into.

If you like Demon Days, maybe you should try Blur's second to last album, 13. That is, if you haven't heard that already.

And I agree, Demon Days is a great closing track. The last three songs together are just a great ending to the album. I think this one is a lot more thematically cohesive than the first one.
    "no, i can't give you full credit, but i'm not gonna flunk you either. you're all getting incompletes."
  • Options
    moloko21 wrote:
    Demon Days is MUCH better than their debut. Gorillaz was more poppy and mainstream. Demon Days is darker and takes a little longer to get into.

If you like Demon Days, maybe you should try Blur's second to last album, 13. That is, if you haven't heard that already.

And I agree, Demon Days is a great closing track. The last three songs together are just a great ending to the album. I think this one is a lot more thematically cohesive than the first one.

13 is my favourite Blur album, Blur are one of my favourite bands, i miss Graham Coxon like hell, i hope he returns to Blur.
  • Options
    I love the melodies, but I hate the rapping.

Clint Eastwood was a great song, except the ratio of melody to rap was terrible.

Feel Good Inc., on the other hand is really really really good. I love the "windmill, windmill..." part. I think overall they are very good, but I really don't rap, so I end up with some probelms
    everything=3

2-1-0

4-3-2-1-0
    2---2--3---3--2----1

2-2-2-3-3-3-2-2-0

M
  • Options
    moloko21moloko21 Posts: 114
    I'm bumping this thread even though Gorillaz don't seem to get much love around these parts. This was my favorite album of the last year.

I think I'm wearing out the grooves on Side D of the double LP.
    "no, i can't give you full credit, but i'm not gonna flunk you either. you're all getting incompletes."
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    Booooooo!!!!!
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    weedweed Posts: 475
    I like it......in fact,......I am listening to Demon Days right now.

The other one is due in my mailbox anyday now.

Tell ya about it in a few days.

:)
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    yeah, i just picked up demon days the other day. i'm digging it so far. i've been looking in the stores for their debut, but can't find it. there's a local shop downtown that i haven't looked in yet. if it's not there, i'll have to get it online.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton