Coachella Festival Lineup

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,137
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Looks decent, I was expecting more but Jack Johnson, Roger Waters, Raconteaurs and My Morning Jacket!!!

“This is really a way for us to get closer to our fans throughout Latin America who have been supportive of Coachella for the past 10 years,” says Goldenvoice’s Paul Tollett.

The line-up for this year’s COACHELLA will feature:

FRIDAY, APRIL 25: Jack Johnson, The Verve, Raconteurs, The Breeders, Fatboy Slim, Tegan and Sara, Madness, The Swell Season, The National, Animal Collective, Slightly Stoopid, Mum, Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, Stars, Battles, Aesop Rock, Midnight Juggernauts, Does it Offend you, Yeah?, Minus the Bear, Spank Rock, dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip, Diplo, Adam Freeland, Santo Gold, Jens Lekman, John Butler Trio, Vampire Weekend, Dan Deacon, Architecture in Helsinki, Sandra Collins, Busy P, Cut Copy, Black Lips, Datarock, Professor Murder, Reverend and the Makers, The Bees, Porter, Rogue Wave, Modeselektor, American Bang, Lucky I Am.

SATURDAY, APRIL 26: Portishead, Kraftwerk, Death Cab for Cutie, Cafe Tacuba, Sasha & Digweed, Rilo Kiley, Dwight Yoakam, M.I.A., Hot Chip, Cold War Kids, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, DeVotchKa, Flogging Molly, Mark Ronson, Turbonegro, Scars on Broadway, Islands, Enter Shikari, Calvin Harris, Boyz Noize, Junkie XL, Cinematic Orchestra, Jamie T, The Teenagers, VHS or Beta, Carbon/silicon, Erol Alkan, Yo Majesty!, Little Brother, Bonde Do Role, St. Vincent, Akron Family, MGMT, Institubes DJs (Surkin, Para One and Orgasmic), James Zabiela, Sebastian, Kavinsky, Dredg, The Bird and the Bee, Grand Ole Party, New Young Pony Club, 120 Days, Yoav, Electric Touch, Uffie

SUNDAY, APRIL 27: Roger Waters (“Dark Side of the Moon”), Love & Rockets, My Morning Jacket, Spiritualized, Justice, Gogol Bordello, Chromeo, The Streets, Metric, Danny Tenaglia, Simian Mobile Disco, Booka Shade, Murs, Dmitri from Paris, Autolux, The Field, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Les Savy Fav, The Cool Kids, Sons & Daughters, Sia, Holy Fuck, Black Kids, Black Mountain, The Annuals, Kid Sister w/A-Trak, Man Man, Duffy, I'm from Barcelona, Manchester Orchestra, Deadmau5, The Horrors, Austin TV, Shout Out Louds, Plastiscines, Brett Dennen

Tickets for COACHELLA go on sale Friday, January 25 at 10:00 AM (PT) via TicketMaster charge-by-phone lines at (213) 480-3232 and at all TicketMaster retail ticket centers or online at http://www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket prices are as follows: 3-day general admission: $269.00 + applicable service fees. Single day general admission: $90.00 + applicable service fees. Camping events: General admission camping: $55.00 per person + applicable service fees.
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• worst lineup yet.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • worst lineup yet.

I agree. It's pretty lackluster.
  • that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too many bands. i'm too old for a show like that. fuck that. sounds like a big fiasco trying to see the few bands you were interested in.
  • Roger Waters (“Dark Side of the Moon”) :)

Saw him last year and what show. I would totally go just to see him again.
  • that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too many bands. i'm too old for a show like that. fuck that. sounds like a big fiasco trying to see the few bands you were interested in.
    i hear ya buddy.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Lollapalooza will probably kick ass again

i have gone to Chicago the last 3 years for that and it has been nothing short of spectacular every year.

Been to Coachella too, and i prefer Lollapalooza honestly.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    I got an e-mail for the pre-sale (today at 10AM Pacific) and the password is DESERT for anyone interested.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    I hate Jack Johnson. Just wanted to get that out there.
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Is Jack Johnson going to be one of the last acts to play during the evening? I think that's a bad idea.

After sweating it out all day, going from stage to stage, checking out all sorts of bands, you need something spectacular to close the day. Putting a guy with an acoustic guitar who plays quiet music as the last act of the night is only going to put people to sleep!

Just my .02 :)
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • zircona1 wrote:
    Is Jack Johnson going to be one of the last acts to play during the evening? I think that's a bad idea.

After sweating it out all day, going from stage to stage, checking out all sorts of bands, you need something spectacular to close the day. Putting a guy with an acoustic guitar who plays quiet music as the last act of the night is only going to put people to sleep!

Just my .02 :)

I would think theyll have a DJ close out the night, for instance last year the friday headliner was Bjork but DJ Shadow was playing on the 2nd stage for about 45 minutes after Bjork finished and on Saturday RHCP were the headliner but Teisto went on after them on the mainstage, Id say maybe Fatboy Slim closes out the mainstage on Friday or will be still playing in the Sahara tent after JJ is done playing.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    There's a band called Holy Fuck?
    I like 'em already.
    crap lineup IMO. I probably wouldn't bother if it was in my city, let alone travel for it.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    April 25th is my birthday! :)
    I love the Breeders.
    But I don't think I will be going to CA for that. :p
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    PRINCE just got added as the headliner Saturday night.

SICKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Okay line up. Aesop Rock ftw.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I don't go to Coachella to see Prince, or Roger Waters ... meh.

I went to the last 5 Coachellas, still have little to no interest in going to this lineup.

Prince is a cool add for people who love him, heck, I like him ... but, overall, the lineup is really poor this year.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez