Roger Waters - MSG, NYC May 30th

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited May 2007 in Other Music
AMAZING

I'm too tired to write a review, I will tomorrow.

But for any fans, he played a new song he wrote...extremely political, it bashes bush.

He had a big pig that flew around with it's ass saying "impeach bush"

Fuckin amazing show

I just want Roger Waters and David Gilmour to stop being pussies and get back together for a tour.

GOOD NIGHT
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• erickvazdelerickvazdel Posts: 140
    Yeah Amazing show

I saw that show a few months ago and it was one of the best shows of my life.
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
    MSG was baked out with smoke, it was great! Haha

Roger Waters kind of pissed me off in the beginning of the show, just him walking out in god-like music with his hands in the air kind of saying "praise me"...that went on for a good 2 or 3 minutes.

But then he kicked into In The Flesh

Shine On Your Crazy Diamond was one of the highlights of the show, for a mellow show and most of the crowd sitting down, peoples hands in the air the whole time, great song.

Wish You Were Here got the most applause, but he can't do it the way Gilmoure can, but still spectacular for someone like me (17 years old) to hear that.

SHEEP!! My absolute FAVORITE Pink Floyd song of all time....I stood up and went nuts for this song...the beginning when his voice fades into that synth and then into that, fuck I can't explain it...DANA!!!!! i dont konw something like that with the symbols and guitars, jesus christ

Dark Side Of The Moon was fantastic....Time was perfect as well as the beginning of Speak To Me into Breathe into On The Run...He played the whole thing like the album, not stopping once. Us and Them was probably the crowd favorite for those who are hardcore with PF. The woman singer, was FANTASTIC, I think she was better than anyone else PF ever had or even the record, she probably got the loudest applause of the whole night.

This show he only played 3 songs as an encore...ABITW..I didn't know the second song...and then Comfortably Numb
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153

Roger Waters kind of pissed me off in the beginning of the show, just him walking out in god-like music with his hands in the air kind of saying "praise me"...that went on for a good 2 or 3 minutes.

Shine On Your Crazy Diamond was one of the highlights of the show, for a mellow show and most of the crowd sitting down, peoples hands in the air the whole time, great song.

Wish You Were Here got the most applause, but he can't do it the way Gilmoure can, but still spectacular for someone like me (17 years old) to hear that.

SHEEP!! My absolute FAVORITE Pink Floyd song of all time....I stood up and went nuts for this song...the beginning when his voice fades into that synth and then into that, fuck I can't explain it...DANA!!!!! i dont konw something like that with the symbols and guitars, jesus christ

Dark Side Of The Moon was fantastic....Time was perfect as well as the beginning of Speak To Me into Breathe into On The Run...He played the whole thing like the album, not stopping once. Us and Them was probably the crowd favorite for those who are hardcore with PF. The woman singer, was FANTASTIC, I think she was better than anyone else PF ever had or even the record, she probably got the loudest applause of the whole night.

This show he only played 3 songs as an encore...ABITW..I didn't know the second song...and then Comfortably Numb

Thanks for the review......sounds like it was an amazing show! I'm getting very excited about seeing him here in Vancouver on the 21st!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066

Glad you enjoyed it.

The last three songs were all from The Wall I do believe. As I don't think his setlist changed from last year in Toronto. I enjoyed that show so much, I am doing it all again in July. The effects are enough to get me back in the stadium and the music just helps me along. ;)

The one thing I found odd the last time around is the audience knows that Waters is going to play the whole DSOTM and they still applaud after every song. :) Odd????
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    fuckin awesome show last night....

the encore was ABITW, Vera, Bring the Boys Back Home, Comfortably Numb.

Vera/BtBBH was a huge highlight for me....I was on the floor, standing, singing to the rafters with my hands raised...the golden oldies behind me were pissed, but hey sorry....dont get seats on the floor if you dont want to end up sitting behind some drunk jackass like me.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'm seeing him next wednesday! SOOOO stoked!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    For the record, the new song is called Leaving Beirut. Extremely heavy-handed and not a great song.

Other than that, the show is tremendous. Caught him last year and will be going again in July.
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    Glad to hear that the old man still has it.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.