The White Stripes 2007 Tour

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited July 2007 in Other Music
For anyone who has seen them, please let me know how great they are and the setlists!! I am seeing them in a little more than a week at MSG in NYC :D

Should be a kick ass show with a NYC crowd

P.S.: I just got a new computer because my old one was on its last legs and it eventually died and I lost all of my music...If someone could hook me up with the first 2 stripes albums. I can't seem to locate the disks, I have all the others...THANKS!
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Can't wait to see em myself July 23 in Boston.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I have tickets to see them in Seattle! Can't wait!
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    While the white stripes ar a great studio band, you should check out the other two person band, the black keys, in concert. They'll destory the stripes in a live setting.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    Saw em in Vancouver for the second time. Enjoyed first show much better. Didn't play much of new cd, which I think is great, and was very short.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I was 2 people back in Ottawa, and it was absoutley amazing.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    whitestripes.net has a show from the Yukon (2 actually) that have some kick ass setlists.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i got this witness this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6C302tdgIo

fuckin priceless
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Lost_Clay wrote:

fuckin priceless

first off, much love to PEI- I have relatives from there that still live there.
    second of all, that's fucking amazing!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    amazing show lastnight in halifax!! cant really tell you the setlist as i dont recall some of it lol. they did play quite a few from icky thump though. icky thump of course, effect and cause, martyr, and i think catch hell blues.

really great show and hope to see them live again. poster is pretty cool to

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q320/gdfraser/?action=view&current=Picture009.jpg
    This post is © by gfraser
  • poorgirl23poorgirl23 Posts: 194
    Lost_Clay wrote:

fuckin priceless

they're really getting creative with these, haha.. love it.

really wish i could be at the 10 year anniversary show tonight. i realized the other day that my first white stripes show was on their 5 year anniversary, 7/14/02.

i am going to the two seattle shows this sept, i guess i can wait.
    Common sense is not so common.
  • gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    poorgirl23 wrote:
    they're really getting creative with these, haha.. love it.

really wish i could be at the 10 year anniversary show tonight. i realized the other day that my first white stripes show was on their 5 year anniversary, 7/14/02.

i am going to the two seattle shows this sept, i guess i can wait.

the side show for halifax was announced at 4:10 at a local billiards hall. the show started at 4:30. i wanted to go but was just to short of notice for me. they were all over the city yesterday, walking around the streets, bowling and jack yelled fire for the noon cannon.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Obsidian22Obsidian22 Posts: 298
    I saw The White Stripes on July 5,2007 in Toronto.Good show, very loud and passionate. Mix of old songs with 4 new ones. Covers were awesome too, Jolene(Dolly Parton), John the Revelator. I had floor tickets and was very close to the speakers( sans earphones) 4 rows back. I now understand why Security wears them.Little ringing in my ears for 2 days.
    Jack had more interaction with Meg than the audience.
    I saw a lady in her mid-fifties get carried away by 3 security guards, kicking and screaming. Their audience is a varied mix of music lovers and teeny boppers with their Moms at shows.
    I also enjoyed their red, black and white lit set. Nice touches with the spotlight and Meg hitting her drumkit, or Jack and his guitar solos(Icky Thump)
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's Soul remains Unawakened.
    Anatole France
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I was front row in Moncton. 10 feet away from Jack was completely insane!

Here's the set list:

Main Set:
    Dead Leaves and The Dirty Ground
    Icky Thump
    When I hear My Name
    Jolene
    Effect & Cause
    Hotel Yorba
    I Think I Smell A Rat> Offend In Every Way> Rag and Bone> Offend In Every Way> I Think I Smell A Rat
    I'm Slowly Turning Into You
    (i forget... a song he played on piano that is not normally on piano)
    Denial Twist
    Death Letter
    Cold Cold Night
    300 mph Torrential Outpour Blues
    You Don't Know What Love Is
    Ball and Biscuit

Encore:

Black math
    I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself
    We're Going to Be Friends
    I Fought Pirhanas (along with "Knock it Off")
    Stop Breaking Down
    Seven Nation Army
    Boll Weevil
  • poorgirl23poorgirl23 Posts: 194
    bovy_j wrote:
    I was front row in Moncton. 10 feet away from Jack was completely insane!

great setlist! so glad they're finally playing 300 mph...

i was front row as well in burnaby. nothing like it.. amazing. although i've never been more squished at a show in my life, people were being pulled out constantly, it was insane. and there were way too many crowd surfers landing on my head. still deliriously happy to be where i was!
    Common sense is not so common.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    poorgirl23 wrote:
    great setlist! so glad they're finally playing 300 mph...

i was front row as well in burnaby. nothing like it.. amazing. although i've never been more squished at a show in my life, people were being pulled out constantly, it was insane. and there were way too many crowd surfers landing on my head. still deliriously happy to be where i was!

I don't think anyone was crowd surfing at the Moncton show, the crowd seemed to be fairly relaxed, there was a pit tho at one point, which I gladly, did not take part in.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    first off, much love to PEI- I have relatives from there that still live there.
    second of all, that's fucking amazing!

thanks fantastic, & much love to new england, i have some relatives in mass as well, grand-father and his siblings used to travel to mass to work in the winter, some settled near quincy(sp?) and some came back home

that gig was very surreal i still cant believe it happened, here's some of my pics as well

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10357&l=6c3ca&id=654395581

also the big 10th anni show was tonight in cape breton, there was some cool happenings yesterday in halifax around citadel hill
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • i see them tomorrow night!!!!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore