\\\The Velvet Undergound///

dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Any fans?? These guys are like my seccond favourite band of all time. Lou Reed is amazing, great solo reccords from him as well.
Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• feverfever Posts: 10
    I love the velvet underground. Weird story. So, i was living in nyc about 6 months ago and i was walking along the chelsea piers at about 11 o clock at night minding my own business. Anyway, i am standing on the pier by the hudson river and this dog walks up to me and starts sniffing my leg and so i pet the dog for about 10 seconds. I look up and the man holding the leash is none other than lou reed. I almost shit myself. We actually talked for about 5 minutes and then he walked into his apt building. The whole thing was very very surreal. I've heard that he's kind of an asshole, but he was very pleasant to me.
  • awesome band. if you sit down and really listen to all their albums its amazing how many things they tried and put on record. lou wasnt afraid to try something different. not a fan of nico though ill be your mirror is like 100 times better when lou sings it live.
  • E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    dan_vedder wrote:
    Any fans?? These guys are like my seccond favourite band of all time. Lou Reed is amazing, great solo reccords from him as well.

Lou Reed is amazing.. Caroline Says II is one of the best songs of all time in my opinion..
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    awesome band. if you sit down and really listen to all their albums its amazing how many things they tried and put on record. lou wasnt afraid to try something different. not a fan of nico though ill be your mirror is like 100 times better when lou sings it live.
    hmmm nico's voice was weird but I think it worked on all tomorrow's parties.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • fever wrote:
    I love the velvet underground. Weird story. So, i was living in nyc about 6 months ago and i was walking along the chelsea piers at about 11 o clock at night minding my own business. Anyway, i am standing on the pier by the hudson river and this dog walks up to me and starts sniffing my leg and so i pet the dog for about 10 seconds. I look up and the man holding the leash is none other than lou reed. I almost shit myself. We actually talked for about 5 minutes and then he walked into his apt building. The whole thing was very very surreal. I've heard that he's kind of an asshole, but he was very pleasant to me.
    Awesome :D

I love the VU.

Impartial to Nico's voice.. a bit weird but I like it.

Nothing compared to Reed obviously.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    the ones that doesnt love the VU are suckers
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires