Options

Stupidest/funnies/best quotes ever said by musicians

dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
edited June 2006 in Other Music
A pretty funny one:
“If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they're full.” - Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)

one of my favs:
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Any others??
Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i read/heard people relating 'love the music, not the musicians' quote to Eddie Vedder but i don't know if he said it. anyway, i really enjoy that one.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    the lead guy in the all-american rejects was giving an interview with rolling stone and was apparently telling the reporter how much he loved the beach boy's "pet sounds"

when asked what his favorite song was on the record, he replied "good vibrations"

wow. i mean i dont expect everyone to know everything about every record they like, but if you're giving an interview to ROLLING STONE, and talking about your favorite TWO OR THREE albums, have a fucking clue what songs are on there. what a tool. im glad the reporter called him out on it.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    David Lee Roth:

"Well you know, your songs are like your children. Some songs are the athletes who win everything and other songs are the smart, weird kids who are great in their own ways, and then you have songs that just plain retarded."
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    johnny rotten @ a 1996 press confenrence about the reunion tour

"we love our beer bellies & so will you"
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Layne Staley (on religion)

"I don't believe that I am the highest power out there... if I was I'd have done a better job on myself"

stupidest one is Axl Rose (on "one in a million")

"when I said that word (n***ers), I didn't mean black people in general, just scum and drug dealers."

I mean come on axl, dig a fucking hole
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    toastertoaster Posts: 152
    "When Courtney Love's lawyer says to the judge, "She's a rock'n'roller, what d'you expect?"-that's her defence for everything. It makes me want to put on a pair of glasses. That's a very narrow idea of rock'n'roll. It should encompass poetry and philosophy and activity other than taking drugs and getting attention. "

"I was arrested once in Disneyland. I was 15, kind of a hippie. I was with this boy and we were smoking pot in a cave on Tom Sawyer's Island. I spent the night in juvenile hall. Since then I've been very anti Disney. "

"Nirvana was a weird case of Kurt saying one thing - that he wanted to be famous and sell millions of records - but knowing psychologically that there was no way he could deal with the reality of it. I think
    he just wanted a hug. "

All by Kim Gordon. God, i love that lady.
  • Options
    JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    Liam Gallagher: the king of quote

"We're not arrogant, we just believe we're the best band in the world."
    "With every song that I write, I compare it to the Beatles. The thing is, they only got there before me. If I'd been born at the same time as John Lennon, I'd have been up there."
    "The Beatles are the Oasis of the 60's"
  • Options
    who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Keith Richards had some good ones:

Describing his guitar style: "5 strings, 3 fingers, two hands and an asshole."

This one has no words, but it IS good.
    http://www.askmen.com/video/2006_feb/feb22_keith_richards.html

I always liked that Liam Gallagher one:
    " The Beatles were the Oasis of the 60's"
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Liam Gallagher: the king of quote

"The Beatles are the Oasis of the 60's"

Ha ha! Great minds think alike! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

“there's high, and there's high, and to get really high--I mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high-that's where I'm going'.”

keith richards: “i've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police.”

keith moon: "i told people I was a drummer before I even had a set, I was a mental drummer."
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    David Lee Roth:

"Well you know, your songs are like your children. Some songs are the athletes who win everything and other songs are the smart, weird kids who are great in their own ways, and then you have songs that just plain retarded."

DLR also said "it's not rocket surgery" and "it's water under the dam".
    Rock over London... Rock on Chicago... I love what you do for me Toyota - Wesley Willis
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    kdpjam wrote:
    keith richards: “i've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police.”
    ROFL, got to love this guy!
  • Options
    About the new album...the yeah we named it ourselves!
    No need to be void,.. or save up on life,...
    Got to spend it all,.....

"Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music." EV

1-14-95, 9-04-00, 7-01-03, 5-30-06, 10-21-06, 10-22-06, 6-17-08, 6-22-08, 8-16-08 E.V., 6-15-09 E.V., 10-28-09, 5-13-10.