DMB fan club, no tickets?

blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
edited March 2008 in Other Music
my girlfriend was telling me Dave Matthews has a raffle for fan club members to give out concert tickets.

members don't get tickets anyway?
*~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm amazed that Dave Matthews actually has enough fans to even create a fan club.
  • suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    I love pearl jam, but the way the Warehouse (the DMB fan club) has handled tickets distribution and fairness, has always been vastly superior to the Ten Club.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    suns22 wrote:
    I love pearl jam, but the way the Warehouse (the DMB fan club) has handled tickets distribution and fairness, has always been vastly superior to the Ten Club.

agreed......

the way it works is there is a request period of a couple weeks, month i'm not sure.....then the fan club selects tix via a lottery i believe and seniority.....if there are 2 show in one city one show is seniority and the other is random.....i think the problem arises when too many fans try for certain venues....hence people getting shut out.....fortunately i'm in la and knock wood have never been shut out...:)
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I'm amazed that Dave Matthews actually has enough fans to even create a fan club.

Are you serious? As much as I hate to say it, they have FAR more fans that Pearl jam at this stage of their careers. Not only do they sell out everywhere but they also still sell albums.
  • birkenstock and budweiser sales are probably proportionate.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    so every member doesn't get tixs via fan club? ---that's shitty.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146

a lot of 10c members didn't get tix....what's the difference?
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927

I guess you weren't around for the server overload last week? At least the people over there don't waste an hour trying to get tickets. They know either way without having a cart error 50 times over.
    10c won't take orders over the phone?

i got mine easy.
    yes, you guess it......
    for a pj south show

• Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Ordering is way easier and saner. And you know if you have seats and where they are before the public onslae.

However...I think their seat allocation process is a bunch of bullshit. I have A LOT of seniority in that fan club (about or almost 10 years now...since the fan club was 2 years old...) and when I used to go to more shows (the last few years I only went to Randalls) I would get much better tickets. The last few shows i went to I got lawn either 2 or three years in a row. Lawn? With like 8-10 years seniority? That's a bunch of crap.

The last time I got seats was SPAC 2005. One night seats in the amphitheater...but NO WHERE near the front. The next night I had lawn.

Instant ticketing is kind of cool.

Pearl Jam fans are psycho crazy people and that is why it is so crazy trying to get 10C tix. I mean look at the Hartford on sale. Everyone was going nuts and then the tickets were there for hours.

You crazies like the adrenaline rush involved in the Pearl Jam ticketing lunacy! :D
    so they don't buy out the front seats for their fan club members?

• AnnaMelindaAnnaMelinda Posts: 331
    so they don't buy out the front seats for their fan club members?

They do...but it's not really seniority based ticket allocation. More shows appears to = better tickets. So if you are broke...(or spend your concert monies on other things including following Pearl Jam tours) you just don't get priority seating like you do with the 10C.

Viva la 10C

;)
    sometimes life don't leave you alone
    ahh i think i understand better. thanks.

yes. back when i was 13 i KNEW i picked the best band in the world!

~10 club rulz! ~

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    suns22 wrote:

Huh? I talked to my buddy who has been in the Warehouse for ages. Says tickets are scattered throughout the venue and he frequently gets lawn. They don't necessarily procure the best seats in the venue...just basically get you in the door. And that's if you don't get shut out entirely.

Aside from crazy shows like the Vic, I've never been shut out of tickets through the 10C. I'll take their model over the Warehouse any day...
  • suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    I know a guy who's been in the Warehouse since it first began. He's normally first or second row to all of the shows he goes to. The only time he isn't is if it's back to back nights at a venue, because the second night's ticket allocation is usually random.

I like that method because it gives newer members hope of getting good seats, while most of the shows are still done by seniority.

I'm glad the Ten Club finally wised up, and decided to give all fans a shot a good seats.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • USCJeffUSCJeff Posts: 92
    Warehouse has been hit or miss for me. I have been a member since 2/00 and have been in the first 10 rows like 5 out of 30 shows I have been to. Last year my tickets pretty much sucked across the board.