Lamb of God

blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
edited March 2007 in Other Music
My guy dragged me to a Lamb of God concert this week.

... so Pearl Jam better play the south in the near future.
Because that was the deal. This would be my last Lamb of God show, in trade he’d go with me if pj tours the south. Oh and go with me to Ryan Gosling’s new movies for the next ten years. hehehe

I love guilt. :D

He’s a dummy for taking me. I sat there with a frown the whole time. And then he feels bad. I told him a million times I didn’t want to go. He should’ve gone with somebody who likes that kind of music….errrr thrash-banging. He says they’re the best metal band in a long time. I found it odd that there were quite a few black men in the audience too.

So what is it? Why is Lamb of God so popular?
*~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• corycory Posts: 736
    My guy dragged me to a Lamb of God concert this week.

... so Pearl Jam better play the south in the near future.
    Because that was the deal. This would be my last Lamb of God show, in trade he’d go with me if pj tours the south. Oh and go with me to Ryan Gosling’s new movies for the next ten years. hehehe

I love guilt. :D

He’s a dummy for taking me. I sat there with a frown the whole time. And then he feels bad. I told him a million times I didn’t want to go. He should’ve gone with somebody who likes that kind of music….errrr thrash-banging. He says they’re the best metal band in a long time. I found it odd that there were quite a few black men in the audience too.

So what is it? Why is Lamb of God so popular?

If a donkey dick was in front of Lamb of God, they would suck it.

Does your man like Slipknot? Or does he stick to bands that have no talent?
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    never mind, i was way off
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • corycory Posts: 736
    iluvcats wrote:
    I've never heard of them...I thought I could find the band on wikipedia and it's not there.

are the really called Angus Dei?

Check youtube. There's some stuff on there.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Oh my God. I listened to them on Amazon.com.

blondie, how did you sit through that? he sounds like something out of a horror movie.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Lamb of God has a few good songs...

not many... but a few
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    The have very talented musicians in the band.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i loved Lamb of God's first three records and have seen them 3 times but their latest record was very "by the numbers" metal for me. no thanks.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I saw them on the unholy alliance tour and had read that they were the best metal band around. they were pure shite. the singer used the word fuck after ever syllable (example: "hey fucking birmingham, we are lamb of fucking god from west fucking virginia") like some kind of 11 year old kid who learnt a naughty word and had to see how often he could get away with it. then they started playing and I and several (metal loving) friends went off to the venue bar (a considerable distance away since it was an arena) so we didn't have to hear them and stayed there until In Flames came on.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I saw them on the unholy alliance tour and had read that they were the best metal band around. they were pure shite. the singer used the word fuck after ever syllable (example: "hey fucking birmingham, we are lamb of fucking god from west fucking virginia") like some kind of 11 year old kid who learnt a naughty word and had to see how often he could get away with it. then they started playing and I and several (metal loving) friends went off to the venue bar (a considerable distance away since it was an arena) so we didn't have to hear them and stayed there until In Flames came on.

haha, figures they're from west virginia. (sorry to anybody from wv if i offended you). yeah these guys suck and they're assholes as well. i saw a video from them on comcast on demand and they were crashing a little kids birthday party.....stealing candy out of the pinota(i don't know how to spell that), throwing cigarette butts in the kiddy pool, and pushing the parents (women) around like it was cool or something. these guys have some serious issues, they seem very immature. and yes their music is terrible.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    hahaha i won tix for them about 2 yrs ago when they played the staircase in pittston pa. Just went with a bunch of my friends for something to do. Man they were pretty bad, they had a few good guitar riffs but that was about it, all that screaming was so bad...

eh im sure some ppl can get into it but it was way too hard for me.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Well if you don't like that kind of music you probably would not like the show. Their are worse bands out there but LoG are not the most impressive metal band now a days.

They do have some good songs though. I like some of their stuff.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    actual shit
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    iluvcats wrote:
    Oh my God. I listened to them on Amazon.com.

blondie, how did you sit through that? he sounds like something out of a horror movie.

:) i don't know how i did it either. oh well at least i won't be seeing them ever again. i had my ear protection headphones on and i went into a state of zen.........tried to stay calm and pretend like i wasn't there.

are there any bands out there heavier than them? gawd i hope not.

intodeep wrote:
    Their are worse bands out there .....

who?

and some metal i like. just not 'new metal' i'd guess you'd call it. i like some of megadeth, metallica, iron maiden.

:) i don't know how i did it either. oh well at least i won't be seeing them ever again. i had my ear protection headphones on and i went into a state of zen.........tried to stay calm and pretend like i wasn't there.

are there any bands out there heavier than them? gawd i hope not.

who?

and some metal i like. just not 'new metal' i'd guess you'd call it. i like some of megadeth, metallica, iron maiden.

Their are so many harsher bands it is almost impossible to list.

I think all of these bands are better the LoG but they are heavier:
    Cryptopsy
    Hypocrosy
    Immortal
    Emporer

As far as bands who suck more then LoG
    i think LoG is kind of fringe. They stay true to metal but sometimes they come close to being mainstream and bland like say Shadows Fall. so maybe they don't bring it as hard as like Amon Amarth but i'll take Lamb of god over shadows fall or some of those other New American Metal bands (except mastodon they are downright filthy and the best metal band out there in my opinion)

also by the looks of it you like some metal that does not have harsh Vocals. That is just a tiny slither of metal. Not that it is bad to like them i love metallica, megadeath and Maiden. for the most part though the better musicians in metal play in harsher (ie less understandable or mainstream vocals)

the music is more about creating an overall feeling and atmosphere. so it is how well you growl or sound like cookie monster not necesarilly what you are saying. It is an acquired taste.

A couple years ago i saw canibal corpse, vile, hypocrysy all onthe same bill and i'm sure you would have hated life even more if you were at that show :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • What people need to realize about metal:

Growling, grunting, grunting while inhaling, and senseless screaming do not sound good. It brings a level of complete shit to every single band that plays with those kinds of vocals. Fucking terrible.

Extremely heavy generic dropped guitar riffs with superfluous pinch harmonics are the same deal as the vocals.

"Singing" about death in the way that those bands do (see: cannibal corpse) is terrible. It demonstrates an utter lack of lyrical talent and effort. You want a great song about murder? Go listen to Nick Cave. Now there's a man who can write some fucking lyrics.

The only logical conclusion I can come to about how people can like this shit is that they haven't been exposed to good music. I know this because everyone I know who listens to said 'shit' has no idea who Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, etc etc... virtually ANY of the bands so many of us hold dear are. I've actually had people tell me they literally have never even heard of Bob Dylan.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    What people need to realize about metal:

Growling, grunting, grunting while inhaling, and senseless screaming do not sound good. It brings a level of complete shit to every single band that plays with those kinds of vocals. Fucking terrible.

Extremely heavy generic dropped guitar riffs with superfluous pinch harmonics are the same deal as the vocals.

"Singing" about death in the way that those bands do (see: cannibal corpse) is terrible. It demonstrates an utter lack of lyrical talent and effort. You want a great song about murder? Go listen to Nick Cave. Now there's a man who can write some fucking lyrics.

The only logical conclusion I can come to about how people can like this shit is that they haven't been exposed to good music. I know this because everyone I know who listens to said 'shit' has no idea who Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, etc etc... virtually ANY of the bands so many of us hold dear are. I've actually had people tell me they literally have never even heard of Bob Dylan.

I have almost every dylan album. I have every young album obviously all pj and all radiohead including a quite a few b sides. I also like nick drake and elliot smith and many other very good song writers.

that said i love metal too. I love it for what it is. Most of the lyrics suck. although Iron maiden might be the biggest exception to that rule. I accept that becasue i love the power and aggression that the music brings.

the musicianship is incrediable in a lot of these bands. I love listening to Flo from cryptopasy or brann from mastodon drum. It is awesome.

Same can be said for many of the guitarist. Just great musicianship. Plus i like the aggresive feeling the genre brings. I like it for what it is. I don't listen to metal all the time, but it has a time and a place. It is fun.

some folks can't get past the vocals or the lyrics. That is fine. there are many bands out there that rub me the same way i can't get past a certain aspect of their music, to each their own, but i think calling the genre shit is excessive. there are many talented musicians and keep in mind many of the guys writing lyrics are doing it to capture a feeling or emotion. not to change the world :)

\m/
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    I have almost every dylan album. I have every young album obviously all pj and all radiohead including a quite a few b sides. I also like nick drake and elliot smith and many other very good song writers.

that said i love metal too. I love it for what it is. Most of the lyrics suck. although Iron maiden might be the biggest exception to that rule. I accept that becasue i love the power and aggression that the music brings.

the musicianship is incrediable in a lot of these bands. I love listening to Flo from cryptopasy or brann from mastodon drum. It is awesome.

Same can be said for many of the guitarist. Just great musicianship. Plus i like the aggresive feeling the genre brings. I like it for what it is. I don't listen to metal all the time, but it has a time and a place. It is fun.

some folks can't get past the vocals or the lyrics. That is fine. there are many bands out there that rub me the same way i can't get past a certain aspect of their music, to each their own, but i think calling the genre shit is excessive. there are many talented musicians and keep in mind many of the guys writing lyrics are doing it to capture a feeling or emotion. not to change the world :)

\m/
    A great drummer and guitar player that plays terrible music still plays terrible music. I can respect the musicianship in most of the bands but good lord is the music bad.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    intodeep wrote:
    the music is more about creating an overall feeling and atmosphere. so it is how well you growl or sound like cookie monster not necesarilly what you are saying. It is an acquired taste.

that's an interesting take on it.........Cookie Monster. Ha!

na that's not it.

i think people are into it because it's angry. they all just need to chill. but our world is a pretty angry place, so.....

my advice to all those 'thrashers' is to distance themselves. go take a ride out into the country or something.

• Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    I just bought the latest album the other day... and I have to say that I actually kinda like it. It's totally not what I'm normally into (heavy on the 90's music) but something about the album has caught my attention. At the very least it's a great album to listen to while driving. Then again I also suffer from a mild case of road rage. Can't understand half of what he says, but it definitely gets my adrenaline going :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 756
    Pearl Jam fans hating on metal is hilarious. It is no different than a metal fan saying that Pearl Jam hasn't put out a good song since Ten came out. Just because you don't care for the genre or don't understand it doesn't automatically make it "shit"... I agree that metal is an acquired taste, just as PJ is to many.....
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 9/7/24, 9/9/24, 9/12/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    What people need to realize about metal:

It can sound good. Jonathon Davis is my best example.
    I agree with you here. Most metal bands lack originality to my ears and use the exact same techniques.
    It disgusts me, but I think that's the point.
    My best friend and bandmate loves Pearl Jam, AIC, Radiohead, Zeppelin, and really likes death metal.
  • SpunkieSpunkie Taking the loooooooong way,... Posts: 6,460
    Watching their fans do the circle of death is pretty cool.
  • Pearl Jam fans hating on metal is hilarious. It is no different than a metal fan saying that Pearl Jam hasn't put out a good song since Ten came out. Just because you don't care for the genre or don't understand it doesn't automatically make it "shit"... I agree that metal is an acquired taste, just as PJ is to many.....

correct.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    danny72688 wrote:
    It can sound good. Jonathon Davis is my best example.

That's the guy from Korn right? He freaking sucks IMO. I've always thought his voice sounds like shit.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    check out Killswitch Engage, 36 Crazyfist, Mastodon, Static X, Chaimara, Candiria, In Flames, Mushroomhead, Otep, Opeth if you want some good metal and im sure i forgot a few others
    That's the guy from Korn right? He freaking sucks IMO. I've always thought his voice sounds like shit.
    His voice used to be good (he used to put real emotion into his lyrics too). Now he's pretty bad. And Korn sucks now too :(

This reminds me of Metallica. James used to be a good singer....now........
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    danny72688 wrote:
    His voice used to be good (he used to put real emotion into his lyrics too). Now he's pretty bad. And Korn sucks now too :(

No disrespect but he never sounded good. I can't believe he's made it this far. I couldn't stand Korn or Limb Bizkit when they were real popular. I just saw that Korn did a unplugged show. Give me a break. Who the heck would buy that crap? Sorry I'm going off on music I really think is shit.

One thing is true they sure made alot of money. But they never got a dime out of me. :)
    No disrespect but he never sounded good. I can't believe he's made it this far. I couldn't stand Korn or Limb Bizkit when they were real popular. I just saw that Korn did a unplugged show. Give me a break. Who the heck would buy that crap? Sorry I'm going off on music I really think is shit.

One thing is true they sure made alot of money. But they never got a dime out of me. :)
    Oh God their Unplugged was a piece of shit. I hate Limp Bizkit, liked one song for the bassline "Just think about it" or whatever.
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    At the very least it's a great album to listen to while driving. Then again I also suffer from a mild case of road rage. Can't understand half of what he says, but it definitely gets my adrenaline going :D

lol hahaha! :):)

the music def does something to people that's for sure. don't know if it's a release for people or just adds to their issues thou.