Options

today's bands

gerst31gerst31 Posts: 3
edited May 2006 in Other Music
so i just got finished watching the pearl jam performance at the pinkpop festival from 1992. i was roughly 14 or 15 years old at the time and just getting into the band. now i'm still a huge fan, but it's safe to say that they don't have the crazy, non-stop energy they had as a band in 1992 when ed was 27. they are a much more mature band and in some ways better.

my question is...where is the new band of today with the energy, passion and stage presence that pearl jam had? i can't think of one. for a while i thought incubus would do it, but not anymore. i love being a pearl jam fan, but being 27 myself now, i'd like to have a band or two around my own age to get into.

any one have a good one??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Quite honestly when i saw My Morning Jacket for the first time last year in a club setting I left there saying i have not seen a band bring that much energy to a performance since the old days of pearl jam.

they are a band that stand out to me that has that type of energy live.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    intodeep wrote:
    Quite honestly when i saw My Morning Jacket for the first time last year in a club setting I left there saying i have not seen a band bring that much energy to a performance since the old days of pearl jam.

they are a band that stand out to me that has that type of energy live.

Too bad only a fraction of their music is good. They do seem to put on a good show, but they try to be too different, when they could really be a force to be reckoned with.
  • Options
    gerst31gerst31 Posts: 3
    i'm listening to some my morning jacket right now. i've listened before but didn't really give them a fair chance. i like what i hear so far. any others? i'm into death cab, but i can't say watching them is as exciting as early pearl jam.