Tool in Cardiff

V VV V Posts: 5,191
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Hay just got tickets for Tool at Cardiff arena :D:D:D:D:D

is anyone else here going ??

also have seating and would like to swop for standing :o

anyone ????
~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Just go ahead and rub it in.....
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    redrock wrote:

arrrrrr they played the hammersmith Apollo in june i'm still kicking myself for not seeing them there !
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    redrock wrote:
    Are there no tickets still available? Im sure they are playing London???
    Im going to the Manchester gig and fairly sure that wont sell out. Be nice to be wrong....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,229
    saw the last show of american leg here 2 weeks ago it peeled the first layer of skin right off my bones fucking rocked i have to admitt i have not stopped listening to tool since that night and that was my first tool show i've seen pj 25 times i have to be honest about this the tool show was the best sound i have heard so i would say you are in for a treat......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • darthdarth Posts: 139
    Cool all though i was dissapointed with the Tool show I saw in September. Part of it was Maynard who was sick and missed alot of lyrics, but I dunno they just broed me really. The two shows I saw on the Lateralus tour we're outstanding but this time around it was meh. Perhaps because I saw Shadows Fall a week before who we're awesome and Nine Inch Nails in June was the best concert I had been to since PJ in 2003 so I dunno.....or i'm just weird.....haha
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
    ooo ur making me more excited :D

I've never seen them live b4, its on my "must do list"

thanks for ur reviews its good to be honest about shows and as u say sometimes ur not in the right mood or someone sicks, or u've just seen another band who had a great night, its the luck of the night. my last gig was PJ at Reading fest. so that will be a tuff one to live up to :D:D:D
  • I'm going to watch them in Nottingham, I have seen them a couple of times and have to admit I don't think they put on a brilliant liive show, there never seems to be any energy in my opinion.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    I got standing tickets for the cardiff gig and even tho you have seating tickets you should be okay to stand,i've been to Cardiff loads of times for gigs and nobody has ever checked my ticket to see if it was seating or standing. You don't get any wristbands to stand so you should be fine. Great venue too,miles better than wembley.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • I was at one of the Hammersmith shows this year and it was awesome. Can't wait to see them in Dublin again in November, supported by the mighty Mastodon!
    Peter C wrote:
    I got standing tickets for the cardiff gig and even tho you have seating tickets you should be okay to stand,i've been to Cardiff loads of times for gigs and nobody has ever checked my ticket to see if it was seating or standing. You don't get any wristbands to stand so you should be fine. Great venue too,miles better than wembley.

cool , thats really good to hear , thank you :)

Bleak. very cool :)
  • Was one of the lucky fans to see Tool 10/6 at continental...I am a loss for words..it was THAT Good!

Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the show? what site might have it?

Any help is appreciated

"I gather speed from you f***ing with me...Once and for all I'm far away"
    ^^^ oo newbie Hello :) hope you found some way of getting that show!

bump as we get a little tiny bit closer :D:D:D:D
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I wanna see them sooooooo bad. especially since mastodon are supporting.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Not long now!!
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    I saw the Manchester show last Friday. To be honest I was a little disappointed. It was good, and I enjoyed it, but perhaps by expecatations were a bit high.
    For a start it was half full - still about 8000 I would say, but the arena is huge and lost a bit of atmosphere. I was in seats and everyone stayed sat down - jesus wept! - would have been a blinder at the apollo but just didnt blow my socks off.
    Today's the day,i've gone sick from work (don't tell anyone) and i'm gonna be leaving in the next hour or two...WHOOOOOOO
  • I shall be watching them tomorrow in Nottingham.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    Well i've just got in and pretty shattered but this was worth it
    SETLIST --

Stinkfist (extended)
    46&2
    Jambi
    Schism (extended)
    Swamp Song

[Intermission]

Wings For Marie
    10,000 Days
    Lost Keys
    Rosetta Stoned
    Lateralus
    Vicarious
    Ænema

The crowd was fantastic,the security were fine,nowhere need as bad has some of the other gigs Tool have played,during schism phil campbell, yes, guitarist from motorhead came out,played a few solos which was cool. Does anyone know what is strapped to Maynard's arms tho??
    Anyway during Wings/days some guys behind me started to clap (in a respectable way) and i notice Adam slowly shaking his head,any idea why or was it just me??
    Anyway i'm off to bed,goodnight!!!
  • darth wrote:
    Cool all though i was dissapointed with the Tool show I saw in September. Part of it was Maynard who was sick and missed alot of lyrics, but I dunno they just broed me really. The two shows I saw on the Lateralus tour we're outstanding but this time around it was meh. Perhaps because I saw Shadows Fall a week before who we're awesome and Nine Inch Nails in June was the best concert I had been to since PJ in 2003 so I dunno.....or i'm just weird.....haha

If you're weird, then I'm weird. I completely agree. This current Tool tour doesn't even compare to the Lat shows in any way...the stage isn't as good, the performance is weaker, the setlist is even more rigid than it was (I didn't think that was possible), and Maynard generally sounds sub-par. I'd still recommend the show to anyone who hasn't seen them, but they've definitely gone down hill. And on top of that, they do Ticketmaster auctions now. Yuck.

I also saw NIN back in June, and they were great. I had seen 2 earlier shows on that tour, and I didn't think the band was completely caught up to Reznor then, but they were by June. That was without a doubt the best live show I've seen since Tool in '02.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    V V wrote:
    ooo ur making me more excited :D

I've never seen them live b4, its on my "must do list"

thanks for ur reviews its good to be honest about shows and as u say sometimes ur not in the right mood or someone sicks, or u've just seen another band who had a great night, its the luck of the night. my last gig was PJ at Reading fest. so that will be a tuff one to live up to :D:D:D

Put it this way:
    I saw Pj for my first time in August in Dublin, and I saw TOOL last Wednesday and I can just about say I prefered Pj. Tool are on fire this tour, you are going home with a memory of a gig that, in years to come, you will talk about. Enjoy, they are so awesome live. :D

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    how have the tool fans liked Mastodon so far?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    intodeep wrote:

The crowd were into them alright, although the sound let them down in Dublin. Tried listening to their albums before I went to see them, and they didn't impress me personally a whole lot!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    intodeep wrote:

Bloody missed them,the queue to get in the Cardiff arena took ages (security searching people etc) so we decided to get out of the cold and go back into the pub.
  • swedeswede Posts: 558
    ok the show was awesome in my view...

just... the crowd was super tame in cardiff. the light show is much better this tour than the last... i actually liked the act better this time than in the lat tour, but yeh. i didnt think the sound was the best inside the CIA, but i still had a great time.

songs? well i guess id like to see them play for longer considering their songs are so long, and u dont get so many dif tunes. i think considering the way in which their songs are structured, they should be able to pull out longer sets...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Peter C wrote:
    Bloody missed them,the queue to get in the Cardiff arena took ages (security searching people etc) so we decided to get out of the cold and go back into the pub.

That sucks man. I'm a big Mastodon fan and seeing them with tool would have been awesome. At least you got in on time to see tool i hope!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    That sucks man. I'm a big Mastodon fan and seeing them with tool would have been awesome. At least you got in on time to see tool i hope!
    Would'nt have missed Tool for the world,but it was cold outside and after we had a beer there was no queue to get,shame i missed Mastodon but these things happen i guess.
    Still for me this was the second best gig i've been to this year,nothing would have beaten seeing Pearl Jam in Paris in September,that was special.