Options

Blind Melon

2»

Comments

• Options
    There has to be something else to this right? I mean do these guys really want to turn into Van Halen over a 2 week break so a guys voice can heal? That just doesn't make sense....

They rocked when I saw them last March
  • Options
    Didn't read Rogers response........

I bet if they knew they were going to be involved with a sketchy frontman with a drug problem they wouldn't have started with him to begin with
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Didn't Brad and Christopher have problems with Chris Shinn back in the day too?

Hate to see this happen, but the show goes on.

Don't know all the back story, but Rogers laid out a better explanation than Travis, so I'll go with it.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    When I read Travis's blog the 1st thing I thought of was why all the drama if his heart is really not into it. If he really wants to do his own stuff then do it. I sensed he was not committed to it but wasn't saying it in too many words. But I figured that were some pretty big shoes to fill. Then when I read Rodger's response, I knew my instinsts were right on. I wish him the best. I am just hoping that what they started has ended wrongly again
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options

I bet if they knew they were going to be involved with a sketchy frontman with a drug problem they wouldn't have started with him to begin with

i'm sure this is true. they've been down that road before.

Here's the latest update from my email this morning:

"Hey Melonheads,

We've made an effort to prepare for the tour with Chris Shinn, but there is not enough time. We are canceling the tour outright and will now start to shovel our way out of this enormous mess. Chris made a super effort to try to prepare for the tour, but it's just too much to ask of him to get up to speed on all these songs in 2 days. It is not fair of us to keep promoters hanging on while we cancel the tour show by show, and it is certainly not fair to ya'll to drag this out. We are not cool with doing something unless we know it is going to be up to snuff, and it is just doubtful that we would be there by Monday. We will have more news about what our plans are concerning the future this week, as well as information on how those of you who purchased tickets can be refunded. We're sorry for the confusion, the bad vibes, the drama and the letdowns. We understand the disappointment and anger that you feel towards us. We are angry and disappointed too. We aim to make it up to yo!
    u soon.....

B. Melon
    11/8/08

Blind Melon will go on! They need their fans support now more than ever. This is some very sad news but the good news is that Blind Melon will go on."
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    wow, that's messed up. I would definitely see them with Chris Shinn though.

Travis did a good job on the old songs, but the new songs are terrible. I mean, the sound is ok, but the lyrics are awful.

Rogers is awesome. It's cool that they're giving us the info as it is, straight from band's mouth. (or keyboard)

Have you actually read the lyrics to every song? There are a few songs with some really bad lyrics. For example Father Time are just stupid and For My Friends are a little cheesy. But Hypnotized and Make A Difference are great lyrics. Thats just my opinion tho
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1