Options

Sonic Youth-Bonnaroo

clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
edited March 2006 in Other Music
They just announced that Sonic Youth, along side Common, Matt Costa, and Tortured Soul, have been added to Bonnaroo.

-It just keeps geting better and better
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    Damn :). It's a lot closer for me to hit up Bonnaroo than Coachella too...hmmm.

Still will never forget the fucktards in Camden NJ who booed the Sonic Youth when they opened for PJ. Almost ruined my night...I was so pissed off.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Sonic Youth is a great edition...hmm, I'm curious if I should find a way to make it down there. It might be too hard this summer - already too many music road trips planned..argh
  • Options
    PiercePierce Posts: 71
    i will be there....fucked out of my mind.....listening to great music all day and night.....PEARL JAM at night in my tent....he he....WWS!!!can not wait til may 2nd.....
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Sonic Youth is a great edition...hmm, I'm curious if I should find a way to make it down there. It might be too hard this summer - already too many music road trips planned..argh

Yes, you should. They have so many great bands on the lineup this year. I can't believe I'm gonna see all them in one weekend, except for the ones they schedule opposite each other. There's bound to be some bands I'll miss because of choices like that.
  • Options
    do they have any ?US shows planned,,,?
    www.myspace.com/sharkie002
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    NeilJam wrote:
    Yes, you should. They have so many great bands on the lineup this year. I can't believe I'm gonna see all them in one weekend, except for the ones they schedule opposite each other. There's bound to be some bands I'll miss because of choices like that.

Pardon my ignorance, but who are some of the other good bands. I'm thinking of possibly going, but besides maybe 8 bands or so I'm not sure who would be a good live band to check out. Can you list a few or maybe even list a few samples of music. That would be cool get away from the non-commercialized bands that usually end up at festivals.
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Pardon my ignorance, but who are some of the other good bands. I'm thinking of possibly going, but besides maybe 8 bands or so I'm not sure who would be a good live band to check out. Can you list a few or maybe even list a few samples of music. That would be cool get away from the non-commercialized bands that usually end up at festivals.

At Bonnaroo I'm looking forward to hearing:

Sonic Youth
    Oysterhead
    Les Claypool (with his own band)
    Radiohead
    Tom Petty
    Beck
    Elvis Costello
    Death Cab for Cutie
    Matisyahu
    G Love & Special Sauce
    My Morning Jacket
    Cat Power

In addition to new music I'm bound to hear there.