Bonnaroo vs. Coachella

clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 321
edited February 2006 in Other Music
We all have seen the line-ups for each festival, now which one do you prefer?

-I prefer Bonnaroo beacuse each bands gets much longer sets, meaning My Morning Jacket will get a regular set time compared to them at Coachella. Also, Beck and Radiohead is a great addition, with more to come.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be at Coachella this year, especially getting the chance to see Bloc Party.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I think Coachella has a slightly better lineup, but i saw lots of similarities in both of them. I think it depends on what coast you are on.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • bonnaroos lineup is dissapointing. no panic, no cheese, no mule, no yonder, no umphreys, no trey, no claypool.

that said i will still take it over coachella.
    "I feel it!"- Eddie, during Alive solo, Chicago 2003
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    JamHead86 wrote:
    bonnaroos lineup is dissapointing. no panic, no cheese, no mule, no yonder, no umphreys, no trey, no claypool.

damn dirty hippies ;)

seriously though... branch out a little. there's more to music than a 25 minute guitar jam. and i dont even like radiohead.
  • its not that i refuse to listen to other types of music, its that i have listened to a lot of the bands on the bonnaroo lineup this year and didn't like their sound. Just my opinion. Plus, no one puts on a show the way yonder or umphreys or other such bands do. Cant argue with 3 hours of ass kickin music.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    JamHead86 wrote:
    its not that i refuse to listen to other types of music, its that i have listened to a lot of the bands on the bonnaroo lineup this year and didn't like their sound. Just my opinion. Plus, no one puts on a show the way yonder or umphreys or other such bands do. Cant argue with 3 hours of ass kickin music.

fair enough. i used to tag along that kind of circuit. it got old fast. and if you stop taking psychedelic drugs, that sounds REALLY gets old fast :) just my 2 cents though. just giving you a hard time!
  • Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    JamHead86 wrote:
    bonnaroos lineup is dissapointing. no panic, no cheese, no mule, no yonder, no umphreys, no trey, no claypool.

Give it time it's still 6 months away,they always wiat a little while to anounce some of the headliners,don't tell me Tom Petty or Radiohead is going to headline, you'll see some of those bands for sure.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    Bonnaroo

Side note: I went to the first Bonnaroo, and wore my Yellow Birds Pearl Jam shirt everyday. And at least 3 times a day someone came up to me and said, "When in Pearl Jam going to play a jam festival?"
    I wondered the same thing....they may not jam the same as "hippie jam bands" but they still jam out, right??? So why wont they play a jam festival?
    Bonnaroo this year has:

Radiohead
    Tom Petty
    BEck
    Phil & friends
    Bonnie Raitt
    Death Cab
    moe.
    Bela Fleck
    Robert Randolph

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Bob Weir wrote:
    Give it time it's still 6 months away,they always wiat a little while to anounce some of the headliners,don't tell me Tom Petty or Radiohead is going to headline, you'll see some of those bands for sure.

I agree i expect a few more of the main stays to show up. If Neil Young get s on the bill again that will convince me to go.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    JamHead86 wrote:

What about moe.???

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 321
    This is just the initial lineup for Bonnaroo. In the following weeks they will announce many more bands. They did this last year, and a ton of more bands were announced, including the Black Crowes.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for Ben Harper, Ryan Adams, Wilco, and Drive By Truckers.
  • if there's drive-by and neil, as per in the past,
    bonnaroo
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • chris3chris3 Posts: 43
    fair enough. i used to tag along that kind of circuit. it got old fast. and if you stop taking psychedelic drugs, that sounds REALLY gets old fast :) just my 2 cents though. just giving you a hard time!

That cracked me up.......because its true. I saw panic all fucked up and thought they rocked. Then i saw um sober and i was just confused. Good musicianship is cool but 15 songs that last 30min each is boring unless its done right.... and thats hard to do. The Crowes jam alot but they keep ya interested by rocking out. A lot of those bands just do 30min space jams and it bores me to tears.
  • i have heard a lot of people say that, but i have been to see panic once, trey twice, umphreys twice, keller williams twice, particle twice, yonder once and claypool once. at none of these shows was i stoned or drunk and i enjoyed every single one of them a lot. so maybe jam bands are an acquired taste. i dunno.
  • fmrllsfmrlls Posts: 13
    "01 Feb 06

TOOL PERFORMING AT COACHELLA FESTIVAL
    Some of you may have heard that TOOL will be headlining the Coachella Festival the last weekend in April. This is now official. I'll have more information about this in the coming days.

BMB"
  • Tool are incredible .
  • Coachella!!! I think it will be a great show......Tool? cant beat that.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Tool and Death Cab are the only ones worthwhile at Coachella to me this is a pretty lame lineup this year in comparison to year's past.... Bonnaroo has the dominance IMO.

Bonnaroo all the way!
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • I think Langerado might have them both beat this year...Crowes, Lips, Wilco, Ben Harper, Secret Machines, Drive By Truckers amoung others...
    http://www.langerado.com/