Options

Arcade Fire in Atlanta

clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 323
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Just got back from the show and they fucking blew my mind tonight. THey played every song off of Neon Bible except the title track and Antichrist television blues. During Power Out, Win got the crowd to rush towards the stage so I ended up right up front. One of their mulit-intrusment members climbed up top the entire balcony with one hand while beating his drum. I truly feared for his life. They played two encores and closed with Wake Up. A truly perfect night by a truly perfect band.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Best live band on the planet. Hands down.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    I walked out of there a believer saying they were the greatest thing i have ever seen, other than My Morning Jacket who are my all time favorite.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    arcade fire <3<3<3

attending one of their 'live' shows must feel incredible...~

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    saw them last thursday in san diego..sounds like a relatively similar set but we got both of those songs. great energy. andddd i met them all afterwards and chatted for a bit...all really nice. saw 'em again at coachella on saturday & blew a lot of people away i think (even though it wasn't as impressive of a show as SD)
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Great Show last night in Atlatna. I saw them back in 05 here at the Playhouse and i tried to keep expectations down. I was like no way they can bring it like they did at that show it must have been a special night......

Well they are eitehr that good every night or they had another special night :)

The National came on at 8pm and played till 8:45. I have never heard them and I actually liked them a good bit i'm going to have to check them out. Anyone seening them on this tour i suggest getting there early to see these guys. Arcade fire came on at 9:20 and played until 10:50.

Right before they take the stage they show a evangilist saying crazy shit on little video screens set up on the stage. She says stuff like you need a bible enema right up your but to clean you out or something to that effect. It was rather funny then the band comes on.

Great show good energy, but the second half of the show the energy level was amped up. They have a little orchestra setting where about 4 rows of chairs were set up and right before Powerout Win invites everyone to come on up. He urges everyone he says its okay i give you permission these chairs are confining everyone pile down here and we'll have a more fun (not a direct quote) So my seats were good i was only 3 rows back of the little "chair pit" section but we moved up and everyone squeezed in like sardines standing on the chairs and people came piling down the ailes to get closer. From that point on the show just seemed like it took on wings. So much energy and dancing and clapping and singing. It was great. Will Took a drum and walked up a bannister. This banister is slanted and goes straigt up into the crowd. At one point if he fell he must have been like 25 feet in the air with the crowd below and then he stepped into the crowd. The place went nuts for this.

I like all the songs off neon bible but a few i don't care for as much and they sounded even better live then on the album. They did not play antichrist tv blues that is my only regret of the night, but besides that the setlist was AWESOME

Black Mirror
    No Cars Go
    Laika
    Haiti
    Black Wave/ Bad Vibrations
    Tunnels
    The Well and the lighthouse
    My Body is A Cage
    Ocean of Noise
    Windowsill
    Power Out----> Rebellion (!!!!)
    Keep the Cars Running

encore 1
    Intervention

encore 2
    Wake Up
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    From all accounts it sounds like this was a great show. THere's just some great artists coming to town in the next 2 mos.: Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, Kings of Leon, Damien Rice, Bloc Party, Wilco, Bright Eyes. I went from not seeing a show in this city in almost 7 months to seeing 7 in 7 weeks.
  • Options
    Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    I was there last night about 10 rows back! Definitely one of the top three shows I've ever seen. I loved when that one guy climbed up toward the balcony---it was an adrenaline rush for the whole audience! What a great way to get a crowd worked up. Absolutely amazing.
  • Options
    From all accounts it sounds like this was a great show. THere's just some great artists coming to town in the next 2 mos.: Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, Kings of Leon, Damien Rice, Bloc Party, Wilco, Bright Eyes. I went from not seeing a show in this city in almost 7 months to seeing 7 in 7 weeks.

I'll be seeing Modest mouse & wilco as well.

And Don't forget Mastodon w/ Cursive & Tool.

A bit different from the bands you listed but i'll be at those shows to and they will rock. Mastodon slays all \m/ :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    intodeep wrote:
    I'll be seeing Modest mouse & wilco as well.

And Don't forget Mastodon w/ Cursive & Tool.

A bit different from the bands you listed but i'll be at those shows to and they will rock. Mastodon slays all \m/ :D

True, forgot about both shows. I like Cursive alot, but never really got into Mastadon, good act from what I hear though.
  • Options
    this is great, im getting really excited, im seeing them Saturday night in Philly, and i cant wait!!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Can you guys recommend some "must listen" songs? This group is getting great reviews and i want to check them out and see what their all about.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Options
    Wake Up
    Keep The Cars Running
    No Cars Go
    My Body Is A Cage
    Antichrist Televsion Blues
    Neighborhood Power Out
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    rebellion

intervention

NO CARS GO

neon bible

the well and the lighthouse

antichrist television blues

windowsill

black mirror

my body is a cage

..'take the poison of your age...don't lick the pages when you turn the page'...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    yup it definitely took seeing them live to appreciate them.. if you think they're hyped down there.. up here a few years ago was crazy.. but they really are the real thing.. amazing live band
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Thanks for the songs.very strong and clear sound. The lead singer sounds Morrissey like, right?
    I'll look into this band for sure. i'm already making a playlist.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Options
    mdigenakis wrote:
    Thanks for the songs.very strong and clear sound. The lead singer sounds Morrissey like, right?
    I'll look into this band for sure. i'm already making a playlist.

Some songs i think shoudl be heard. very similar to what others have mentioned:

Funeral:
    PowerOut
    Laika
    Rebellion
    Wake Up

Neon Bible:
    No Cars Go
    AntiChrist Television Blues
    Intervention
    Keep the Car Running
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    Seeing where this band is heading (super stardom) I am so happy that i seen them two years ago play a club show to 300 people...that was awesome....
  • Options
    Seeing where this band is heading (super stardom) I am so happy that i seen them two years ago play a club show to 300 people...that was awesome....

I know what you mean i saw them in Jan of 05 in a relatively small venue and it was great.

I'm not sold that they are headed for superstardom though. They may develop a following like Wilco has and Pavement had. I don't think they'll ever hit it like pearl jam and other bands did in the early 90's.

That is not a knock on them or their music compared to others but I just don't know if their music will reach that many people.

Nonetheless an amazing band that would deserve that kind of following if it did grow that large.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I know what you mean i saw them in Jan of 05 in a relatively small venue and it was great.

I'm not sold that they are headed for superstardom though. They may develop a following like Wilco has and Pavement had. I don't think they'll ever hit it like pearl jam and other bands did in the early 90's.

That is not a knock on them or their music compared to others but I just don't know if their music will reach that many people.

Nonetheless an amazing band that would deserve that kind of following if it did grow that large.

I dunno man they are to me the most talked about band right now....at least I know for sure they are on a serious upswing....the hype was created in Canada and has exploded around the world....crazy good band....just a pleasure to watch.....
  • Options
    I dunno man they are to me the most talked about band right now....at least I know for sure they are on a serious upswing....the hype was created in Canada and has exploded around the world....crazy good band....just a pleasure to watch.....

I see what you mean, but do you think it has escaped music circles?

Most of my friends who are casual music fans if i asked them who the arcade fire was they would give me a look of "Who"

I think like wilco and pavement (i'll stick to those two examples ;) ) they are well known and well received by people who take time to look for good music, but those who use music as background noise and will take whatever the radio gives them don't know much about them.

I have a feeling that is what Arcade Fire want. They had a chance to jump to a major label but stayed with merge. Perhaps a few years down the road they will make the switch like death cab for cutie and modes mouse recently did and they will get more exposure.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I see what you mean, but do you think it has escaped music circles?

Most of my friends who are casual music fans if i asked them who the arcade fire was they would give me a look of "Who"

I think like wilco and pavement (i'll stick to those two examples ;) ) they are well known and well received by people who take time to look for good music, but those who use music as background noise and will take whatever the radio gives them don't know much about them.

I have a feeling that is what Arcade Fire want. They had a chance to jump to a major label but stayed with merge. Perhaps a few years down the road they will make the switch like death cab for cutie and modes mouse recently did and they will get more exposure.

I really don't know considering pretty much all my friends listen to the same sort of music....but I get what you are saying and I would have to agree with that....it just seems right now that they are huge!

They have a boatload of talent and I believe loads of good albums to come...plus I believe they will band that will not repeat their sound which is fucking great.