Options

My Langerado review

clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
edited March 2008 in Other Music
I just got back from south florida and let me tell you, it was a hell of a time. Beautiful weather all weekend other than the hurricane rain we got sat. night. Great people all around there to have a great time. Other than having to wait in the huge traffic jam on thursday night trying to get in, it could not have been more perfect. some of the highlights for me were
R.E.M.-How rocking were these guys? had more energy than the times ive seen them before. the new songs sound HUGE and really fast, guitar driven. Peter Buck looked like he was back at UGA playing bars. Great show.
311- Always a good time. got the crowd jumping up and down the whole time.
Beastie Boys-like 311, so much energy. Really enjoyed the instrumental stuff and the encore of Intergalactic, Check It Out, and Sabotage was insane
Roots- One of my favorite live bands and they didnt dissappoint. Came on thirty minutes late which cut their set short but still strong and blew some minds
Josh Ritter- Wow is was really impressed by him and his band. Love the new album and he was so happy to be playing and sounded beautiful.
The National- This was the last band I saw last night, not a big Lesh fan. They absolutely killed it!!!! Came out to start a war and the crowd ate it up. So much energy and really have grown live since I saw them last.
Of Montreal-Flaming Lips meet the Scissor Sisters. Had the crowd dancing all night. great fun set. Greast M.I.A. cover as well.
Lee Boys-This was the biggest surprise all weekend. Played late night sat. after R.E.M. where robert randolph was supposed to play. I love robert randolph but I really think these guys are better!!!! So much energy and had the crowd going insane!!!! Cant wait to see them again at Bonnaroo.
I saw many more acts like Ben Folds, Ghostland Observatory, Gov't Mule, G.Love, Arrested Development, Disco Biscuits......but the most fun I think i had was by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. Holy Shit!!!! Blew my mind. So rocking and she is quite the looker. She reminded me why I live for rock and roll. Great time, great spring break, great friends and music. Cant get better than that.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Awesome. I wish I was there. Another reason why I need to move south ; )