Options

What NYE Show are you seeing?

clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 323
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Anyone here going to any New Years Eve concerts? Im hitting up the Drive By Truckers show in Atlanta. Cant wait, saw them in Birmingham last month and have been really looking forward to this show.

I really wish i was on the otehr side of the country seeing My Morning Jacket in San Francisco but oh well.

What shows are you all seeing?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    clayton12 wrote:
    I really wish i was on the otehr side of the country seeing My Morning Jacket in San Francisco but oh well.

same here, but it looks like they will be broadcasting the 12/31 live on sirius, so if you make it back in time from your show you can still hear it, i believe you can do a free three day trial of sirius if you don't have it
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    same here, but it looks like they will be broadcasting the 12/31 live on sirius, so if you make it back in time from your show you can still hear it, i believe you can do a free three day trial of sirius if you don't have it

What station? Jam ON?
    no shows for me this NYE but that is fine...
  • Options
    I could go to Sirius.com...

My Morning Jacket – LIVE!
    Mon 1/1 1:30 am ET
    The Kentucky band are one of the most critically hailed new acts of the past few years. Tune in to this LIVE performance from San Francisco's Fillmore and hear what the fuss is all about.

Rebroadcast: Mon., Jan. 1st @ 9 pm ET.
  • Options
    none.
    or perhaps whatever music dvd hubby and i decide upon. ;) we like staying in. last year tho, we went to see the black crowes at msg, that was VERY cool! great fun, and so easy....walk to/from the train...and right upstairs to the concert...easy and a blast! :)

have fun!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    i'd love to be in colorado for the chris isaak show :(
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    edigerediger Posts: 308
    going to the Royal Albert...

no not Royal Albert Hall, Royal Albert Arms Hotel in Winnipeg. They've got a hellhole of a bar, but I've got some friends playing a show there with a few other bands and the beer is cheap.
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Unfortunately I have to work on NYE, so no concerts for me. But I'd step over my own mother to be in Chicago for The Tragically Hip at the House of Blues.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'm not going to a concert, but I'm going to the stars hockey game, and then my friend is doing the post show at a bar downtown so we are gonna go hang out with the radio station crew.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    clayton12 wrote:
    Anyone here going to any New Years Eve concerts? Im hitting up the Drive By Truckers show in Atlanta. Cant wait, saw them in Birmingham last month and have been really looking forward to this show.

Very Nice.
    I'll be at The Avett Brothers show in Charlotte.
    Go see The Avett Brothers!!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    clayton12 wrote:

Have to work NYE but I do have tickets for MMJ on Jan. 9th :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I`ll be taking a in a double shot of Drive-By Truckers in Atlanta. If I could only cross country to catch MMJ one night!! I`ll have to wait until Langerado to check them out again.

Everyone around Atlanta should try to get to the DBT shows they are going to freakin rawk
  • Options
    Is it time to admit the fact that PJ will not be playing MSG Sun. night?

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    I wish I could afford the ticket to Umphrey's McGee w/ Taj Mahal in Chicago. I went the last two nights when North Mississippi All-Stars and Los Lobos opened and the shows were unreal. These guys know how to bring it.
    "I feel it!"- Eddie, during Alive solo, Chicago 2003
  • Options
    JamHead86 wrote:
    I wish I could afford the ticket to Umphrey's McGee w/ Taj Mahal in Chicago. I went the last two nights when North Mississippi All-Stars and Los Lobos opened and the shows were unreal. These guys know how to bring it.
    Saw Taj-Mahal Trio @ The Xmas jam.
    They kicked ass!
    Go see The Avett Brothers!!