Options

MMJ at the Prom

clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
edited March 2007 in Other Music
So im sure a lot of you all know that My Morning Jacket just played two shows at the 40 Watt in Athens, Ga. I went to the second night and had the time of my life. They all came out in different color tuxes and ripped through one big holiday. Jim and the boys had more energy than all bands combined. For the encore they announced the prom king and queen and played "you look beautiful tonight" by Clapton. They then played "Oh What A Night" and " Johnny B Goode." It was amazing! Then then tore through Golden, Anytime, and the best version of Run Thru that ive ever seen. I thought that would be it but no. They brought out the opening band, Follow The Train, and played the coolest version of Crimson and Clover. Great time and again proving that they are the greatest band out there today.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    MMJ's original stuff is awesome, of course, but they are such a phenomenal cover band too. Example: NYE 2006...Celebration, All Night Long, Careless Whisper, and I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man.

How was the 40 watt? Is that a big venue?
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    The 40 watt is one of my favorite venues. I've only seen Built to spill and J Mascis there but god it is awesome.

It is a small venue.

I'm so jealous you got to see them. If it was not a week night i would have made the trip from atlanta. I went on a weeknight to see J Mascis there and drove back to atlatna after the show and hated life the next day at work.

i'm getting old :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22