Options

MMJ @ lolla

clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
edited April 2007 in Other Music
My Morning Jacket is playing with the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra at this years Lollapalooza. Amazing. Again, proving that they are the best band today.

Also heard MMJ is playing right before PJ on Sunday at Lolla
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    clayton12 wrote:
    My Morning Jacket is playing with the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra at this years Lollapalooza. Amazing. Again, proving that they are the best band today.

yes. YESSS!

I so can't wait. I hope the CYSO sticks around to do Reign O'er Me... ;)
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    that's gonna be cool. i hope they get a bit of a longer set than they had last year!
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    clayton12 wrote:

That will be simply brilliant.

I forwarded the YouTube link of them performing "Gideon" with the Boston Pops Orchestra on the Letterman show to a friend of mine and her exact words were:

"I AM SPEECHLESS.

THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY FUCKIN FANTASTIC!! I LOVED IT.

BRILLIANCE doesnt even begin to describe how uniquely rock n roll that was...
    "

I think she liked it.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    desandrewsdesandrews Posts: 144
    clayton12 wrote:

Depending on what this means, this could reeeeeeaaaalllllllly suck for some. If MMJ is playing on the same stage right before PJ, that will be great, you can watch MMJ, wait an hour while they swap stages and then watch PJ. If MMJ is playing on the 2nd major stage, all the way across the park immediately before PJ plays, that will suck. You'll have to either see MMJ and take whatever's left for a PJ view as they will start within minutes of MMJ finishing or skip MMJ to fight for your spot for PJ.

I'm not skipping MMJ or fighting for spots. I'm just going to hang out and enjoy.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    dharma69 wrote:
    That will be simply brilliant.

I forwarded the YouTube link of them performing "Gideon" with the Boston Pops Orchestra on the Letterman show to a friend of mine and her exact words were:

"I AM SPEECHLESS.

THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY FUCKIN FANTASTIC!! I LOVED IT.

BRILLIANCE doesnt even begin to describe how uniquely rock n roll that was...
    "

I think she liked it.

Can you post the link to this?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    Can you post the link to this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HvIwhDRsM

i think this is kind of a risky thing for them to do at lolla.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HvIwhDRsM

i think this is kind of a risky thing for them to do at lolla.
    Thank you (watches it again).

I sent that to her after a discussion on who rock's best drummers are/were...she and I and others rattled off a list of who's who in the world of rock & roll drummers (Keith Moon, Lars Ulrich, Stewart Copeland, etc)....

I told them that I bet not one of them ever rocked out in a tuxedo...then I provided the link as a visual aide. That performance still moves me.

"Uniquely rock & roll" is right.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace