Options

Nine Inch Nails

NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Going to check them out tonight...any fans out there? I will be honest and say that I only know a handful of their songs and would not consider myself a mega-fan, but part of that is due to my ignorance of their music. What I have heard, I've liked..so not sure why I never delved into it more. I'm kind of excited to see what they are all about.

Thoughts from anyone else that's seen them live?
Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    They're awesome live, and they normally have very cool and different support acts. I'm sure you'll hear all the songs you know.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    They kick ass live. I saw them last November at the Garden and am probably going to see them again this summer when they hit Jones Beach (odd venue for them, no pit, but I think thats kind of cool too). Very high energy show, very cathartic too. You'll scream your head off and get out some pent up aggression, thats for sure. Did for me when I last saw them.
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    i didnt even like nin until after i saw them live. not that i didnt respect trent it just wasnt my style of music before.
  • Options
    they're awesome. i've seen them 6 times in the last year. i saw them twice when they did the small club tour. it was fucking sweet. they're second only to PJ in my book.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    they're awesome. i've seen them 6 times in the last year. i saw them twice when they did the small club tour. it was fucking sweet. they're second only to PJ in my book.

I just got tickets to see them again this summer, two weeks after Pearl Jam. Can't wait.

Oh, and the SG is sick! Thanks man!
  • Options
    Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    I've will have seen them 7 times lives this year and only once last year (same tour). Great band live! Trent is amazing. Bauhaus and either Peaches or TV radio I believe is opening for them depending on what show you go see. You won't be dissapointed.
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    first time I saw NIN was Woodstock 94. I had heard closer maybe twice and that was it. After that performace....I had to pick my jaw off the ground it was so amazing. And I have seen NIN everytime they are in the area since then. I even brought my husband back in 2000 and he thought the show was great. My friend's teenage son needed to have an adult bring him, so it ended up being his father who was very reluctant. After it was all said and done, Dad bought tickets for the next show and is the one whois completely gungho about them now.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    Going to check them out tonight...any fans out there? I will be honest and say that I only know a handful of their songs and would not consider myself a mega-fan, but part of that is due to my ignorance of their music. What I have heard, I've liked..so not sure why I never delved into it more. I'm kind of excited to see what they are all about.

They will rock you like yo've never been rocked before....
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    Saw them about a week ago. Amazing show. My 2nd fav band. Enjoy! They played a great set! I was so happy they played BURN!!!!!

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    A Nine Inch Nails live performance blows Pearl Jam out of the water. Vedder can't touch the pure raw emotion that Reznor gives every single night.
  • Options
    A Nine Inch Nails live performance blows Pearl Jam out of the water. Vedder can't touch the pure raw emotion that Reznor gives every single night.
    I agree.

.....10c.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444

NIN is more of a beautifully violent live band, but PJ is more of a rocking band.

PJ has more diversity at their shows since they mix it up much more.

Seeing both bands are like religious experiences for me.

Its sorta like a hot fudge sunday and a great chicken curry:

Both taste great, but are so different!
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

I haven't seen them, but I'm kind of in the same situation as you - there are several dates that I could make, so I'm considering it. I have With Teeth and liked it, the few times I got to play it before my kids made off with it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i saw them for the first time last may at an intimate venue. it woulda been the best concert i'd seen in 2005, if i hadn't seen pj in ottawa. i was up front for almost the entirety of the show, and it blew my mind away. i've been a nin fan longer than i've been a pj fan, so i cannot believe it's taken me this long to see them in concert. i'm seeing them again in june, and i cannot wait.
  • Options
    lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257
    I just puked. Thanks alot, dick.
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    While Trent is definately a musical genius and can perform live, I would highly disagree with that...though I'm really biased towards Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder's wild energy just gets me PUMPED!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    Easy, boy. NIN is phenom, but PJ is as well. I'll be seeing Trent again in 2 months, as well as PJ. Can't wait for either!
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I just got tickets to Saratoga!!!!!!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    lastexit wrote:
    I just puked. Thanks alot, dick.
    go play with your pinga you pain in the ass.
  • Options
    While Trent is definately a musical genius and can perform live, I would highly disagree with that...though I'm really biased towards Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder's wild energy just gets me PUMPED!!!
    just out of curiosity...have you even been to a NIN concert?
    JaneNY wrote:
    I just got tickets to Saratoga!!!!!!

I'll see you there! :D
  • Options
    Penny453 wrote:
    go play with your pinga you pain in the ass.
    How'd I know you'd respond to this. Don't you know by now I'm constantly playiing with my pinga, I don't need reminders.
  • Options
    lastexit wrote:
    How'd I know you'd respond to this. Don't you know by now I'm constantly playiing with my pinga, I don't need reminders.

oh please, you knew I'd respond to this because I'm on NIN threads all the damn time. You knew I'd read it you big jerk. You were begging for it. How could I not? I see that you get so excited talking about playing with your pinga that you don't even pay attention to grammar huh?

:D "playiing" dumbass.
  • Options
    Penny453 wrote:
    oh please, you knew I'd respond to this because I'm on NIN threads all the damn time. You knew I'd read it you big jerk. You were begging for it. How could I not? I see that you get so excited talking about playing with your pinga that you don't even pay attention to grammar huh?

:D "playiing" dumbass.
    That's a spelling issue, not grammar. Also, leave my pinga out of this. He's sensitive.
  • Options
    lastexit wrote:
    I'm sorry your always right I should've known better.

It's ok...don't worry. :D
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    I just seen them last night in Vegas for the first time. It's a pretty intense show. It was only about 90 minutes but I couldn't ask for more. There's no way Trent or anybody else could play a longer show at that level. They don't even rest for an encore. It's definitely worth checking out if you haven't yet. Totally different kind of show than PJ puts on. They opened with Mr. SelfDestruct and finished with Head Like A Hole. A few highlights for me were Wish, Right Where it Belongs and of course Hurt.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    lastexit78 wrote:
    I just seen them last night in Vegas for the first time. It's a pretty intense show. It was only about 90 minutes but I couldn't ask for more. There's no way Trent or anybody else could play a longer show at that level. They don't even rest for an encore. It's definitely worth checking out if you haven't yet. Totally different kind of show than PJ puts on. They opened with Mr. SelfDestruct and finished with Head Like A Hole.

you got encore? I could only wish...after 2 hours they're usually done. At least to all the concerts I've been to. I can't believe you went to the Las Vegas one. :( Someone had a ticket for me but I didn't go! They had a Las Vegas and the one at the key note for members only...and I couldn't go because I already went to Wisconsin and Illinois. Well I'm glad to hear it was a good show. Trent is a machine. I love it. :)

sertlist for Vegas show:
    SETLIST AS PERFORMED.

1)Pilmagrage
    2)Mr. Self Destruct
    3)You Know What You Are?
    4)Terrible Lie
    5)The Line Begins To Blur
    6)March of the Pigs
    7)Something I Can Never Have
    8)Closer/Only Time Break Down
    9)Burn
    10)Gave Up
    11)Eraser
    12)Right Where It Belongs
    13)Beside You In Time
    14)With Teeth
    15)Wish
    16)Only
    17)Every Day Is Exactly the Same
    18)Even Deeper
    19)Suck
    20)Hurt
    21)Hand That Feeds
    22)Head Like A Hole

I can't wait till June :o

What did you think of Saul Williams?
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    Penny453 wrote:
    you got encore? I could only wish...after 2 hours they're usually done. At least to all the concerts I've been to. I can't believe you went to the Las Vegas one. :( Someone had a ticket for me but I didn't go! They had a Las Vegas and the one at the key note for members only...and I couldn't go because I already went to Wisconsin and Illinois. Well I'm glad to hear it was a good show. Trent is a machine. I love it. :)

sertlist for Vegas show:
    SETLIST AS PERFORMED.

1)Pilmagrage
    2)Mr. Self Destruct
    3)You Know What You Are?
    4)Terrible Lie
    5)The Line Begins To Blur
    6)March of the Pigs
    7)Something I Can Never Have
    8)Closer/Only Time Break Down
    9)Burn
    10)Gave Up
    11)Eraser
    12)Right Where It Belongs
    13)Beside You In Time
    14)With Teeth
    15)Wish
    16)Only
    17)Every Day Is Exactly the Same
    18)Even Deeper
    19)Suck
    20)Hurt
    21)Hand That Feeds
    22)Head Like A Hole

I can't wait till June :o

What did you think of Saul Williams?

There was no encore. That's what I meant by they don't rest. It was a great show though. I think Wish is my new favorite NIN song after last night. We flew down to Vegas from Sacramento for the show. We thought it would be the last show of the With Teeth tour when we got the tickets. Now there doing a summer tour though. Were defintely going to check them out again this summer. Where did you find the setlist? I usually browse the burning souls forum for setlist and info. Is there a better option?

I thought Saul Williams was pretty good. I'd probably have to see him again to really appreciate his talent. I didn't know what to expect.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    lastexit78 wrote:
    There was no encore. That's what I meant by they don't rest. It was a great show though. I think Wish is my new favorite NIN song after last night. We flew down to Vegas from Sacramento for the show. We thought it would be the last show of the With Teeth tour when we got the tickets. Now there doing a summer tour though. Were defintely going to check them out again this summer. Where did you find the setlist? I usually browse the burning souls forum for setlist and info. Is there a better option?

I thought Saul Williams was pretty good. I'd probably have to see him again to really appreciate his talent. I didn't know what to expect.

oh ok..I was confused about the encore thing, sorry. The last show for this leg was the Vegas show. The key note was the night before. My mistake again. :o I hope he does more of member only shows..at least one in the east coast. The summer is ampitheaters and I got tix to 3 shows back to back. I can't wait! The setlist I got from the Spiral message board...you have to be a member. They always post setlists. If you ever need one for a show you've gone to let me know I'll post it. :)

I saw Saul for the Amherst show, then the next night for AC. The first night he had me with "Black Stacey." The second night he totally blew me away. It did take me 2 nights to fully appreciate him. I ended up buying his CD online and now play it in my car. He's simply great. I've never really head of Bauhaus ( I don't think), TV on the radio, or peaches....but those are the openers depending on what show you go to in the summer. From what I hear Bauhaus is good...I guess I'll have to wait and see.