OlivavuOlivavu Posts: 1,683
edited September 2006 in Other Music

Comments

• macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    Olivavu wrote:
    Any other fans on here?

you better call an ambulance...cuz
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I love Placebo.....they are doing U.S. dates in Oct/Nov, though some of the dates they are supporting She wants Revenge.

Its a shame they can do huge arenas in Europe, but play 1000-2000 seaters in the U.S.

I hope one day they strip back down to a 3 piece, or a 4 pc at most.
  • CageyCagey Posts: 220
    They bored the pants off me at Oxygen, then I had to suffer the exact same set, basically, at reading while waiting for PJ ... I normally wouldn't comment in a thread about a band I hate but, at least I've seen them twice Live, so feel entitled to comment :p
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I LOVE Placebo. Got into them my college radio days!

I so want to see them live when they come here in Oct. in San Francisco, but they are supporting She Wants Revenge. :( I thought they would be headlining that show, not She Wants Revenge. And I've heard two of their songs and I think they are okay, but I want to see Placebo damnit headline :D

Anyway, I totally dig their self-titled album and Without You, I'm Nothing. Their new song, Infra-Red kicks ASS!! :cool:
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Ive seen them live twice too, wouldnt hurt to mix up the act a little bit
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    MeddleDeal wrote:

I so want to see them live when they come here in Oct. in San Francisco, but they are supporting She Wants Revenge. :( I thought they would be headlining that show, not She Wants Revenge. And I've heard two of their songs and I think they are okay, but I want to see Placebo damnit headline :D

Anyway, I totally dig their self-titled album and Without You, I'm Nothing. Their new song, Infra-Red kicks ASS!! :cool:

Placebo is headlining over SWW in other cities, so I am hoping its more of a, gasp, Co-headlining affair...hopefully an hour from Placebo.....'specially since SWW only has 1 record out.

I wonder if the fans on the Placebo boards are whining about the "opening act" arrangement as much as people here whined about the Tom Petty PJ gigs!
  • OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    yeah they're pretty good but i can't listen to them coz they make me depressed
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • MeddleDeal wrote:

Black Market Music kicks arse as well, I have Sleeping With Ghosts and have not really got into it yet only gave it a few spins and I'm yet to buy Meds but I've enjoyed all the singles from it so far and yes Infra Red totally kicks ass although not in a Nancy Boy way.:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • i like them alot...
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Black Market Music kicks arse as well, I have Sleeping With Ghosts and have not really got into it yet only gave it a few spins and I'm yet to buy Meds but I've enjoyed all the singles from it so far and yes Infra Red totally kicks ass although not in a Nancy Boy way.:D

oh i don't know........i'm sure stefan wouldn't be above a bit of nancy boy arse kicking. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • oh i don't know........i'm sure stefan wouldn't be above a bit of nancy boy arse kicking. :D

Damn it I think I'm gonna have to play that album loud now, I aint listened to it in a while, and the didgeridoo(sp) on I Know is especially awesome.
    I remember seeing Placebo back in '99 happy memory's.
  • Is the lead singer a man or a woman?
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Jammin909 wrote:
    Is the lead singer a man or a woman?

He's a man Brian Molko, but he does a very good impersonation of Kate Bush when they covers Running Up That Hill, infact I think it sounds better than the original.
  • He's a man Brian Molko, but he does a very good impersonation of Kate Bush when they covers Running Up That Hill, infact I think it sounds better than the original.

No I was just kidding. I'm not the biggest of fans but saw them at Werchter in July and they put on a real good show.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Jammin909 wrote:
    No I was just kidding. I'm not the biggest of fans but saw them at Werchter in July and they put on a real good show.

Yeah they are very good live, I've been a fan since they started.
  • Olivavu wrote:
    Any other fans on here?

Fan is a big word. I have every album, so I think it is save to say that I like them.:D
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Cagey wrote:
    They bored the pants off me at Oxygen, then I had to suffer the exact same set, basically, at reading while waiting for PJ ... I normally wouldn't comment in a thread about a band I hate but, at least I've seen them twice Live, so feel entitled to comment :p

Placebo should give any money they make directly to David Bowie. They are blatant Bowie rip off artists. They suck ass.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Placebo should give any money they make directly to David Bowie. They are blatant Bowie rip off artists. They suck ass.

yes i'm sure more than one of them has. ;):p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • yes i'm sure more than one of them has. ;):p

Brian and Stefan both like a bit of bum I believe. And Placebo have performed with Bowie before.
  • Brian and Stefan both like a bit of bum I believe.

Hahaha.... nice! Placebo rock, they're the reason I got into rock music. Saw them on my birthday one year, they were really good live. May not be everyone's taste but I hold a special place for them in my heart.
    ☆amo☆
  • Placebo are wicked. Brian Molko is one of the best frontmen out there (EV of course taking the prize).
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    If they were Bowie rip-offs, then why did Bowie came out on one of their songs and performed with them on several occasions?;)

Their verison of 20th Century Boy kicks ASS!! :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • MeddleDeal wrote:
    If they were Bowie rip-offs, then why did Bowie came out on one of their songs and performed with them on several occasions?;)

Their verison of 20th Century Boy kicks ASS!! :D

Because he wanted to relive his past?
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-