Normal Happiness.....California too!

StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Anyone pick up the new Robert Pollard record today?

Highly recommended. If you're a fan of classic GBV, you'll appreciate this. 2 minute breezy pop songs.

and if you buy it from an indie store, you get a copy of Pollard's new live record free.
"What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StoneG82 wrote:
    Anyone pick up the new Robert Pollard record today?

Highly recommended. If you're a fan of classic GBV, you'll appreciate this. 2 minute breezy pop songs.

and if you buy it from an indie store, you get a copy of Pollard's new live record free.

great news - i'm broke, but will be picking this up after next pay check.

think i might check him out live in philly next month too.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    just got the live record today.

It's amazing. The people who do Pearl Jam's bootlegs recorded it at the Cincy show. The sound is great. Pollard and the boys are in top form!

sooo cool to hear Bob in an arena. This is where he was meant to be.

oh yeah and backing vocals from some guy named Eddie on "Love is Stronger than Witchcraft"
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits