Dinosaur Jr. Gear Stolen!

StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Dinosaur Jr Gear Stolen in New York

PLEASE REPOST:

Listed below is a list of gear that was stolen out of the Dinosaur Jr trailer last night (Tuesday 8.29.06) outside of their hotel in Long Island City, NY. We would appreciate spreading the word and passing this list around in hopes of recovering their gear. Feel free to send this list to any and all band, tour and production managers, guitar freaks, touring personnel, venues, musicians and or thieves that you think could help us.

If anyone has any information about this gear, please call Brian Schwartz at 303.998.0001 or Bart Dahl at 212.777.0922. Thanks

Guitars:

1959 Fender Jazzmaster SN.. 38927.
-decal coming off. cracked headstock at top near low E peg. color black with purple/bluish sparkle coming through. adonized pick guard gold metal. tuneomatic bridge gold, tuning pegs gold.

1961-3 Fender Jazzmaster SN.. 62012.
-purple sparkle, black pickup covers. headstock repaired, a whole new piece of wood was glued on for the top part of the headstock under the tuners and up a 1/2 , along the whole top of the headstock. gold tuneomatic bridge, gold tuners

1964-5 Fender Jazzmaster SN.. L21581.
-orange, white pearl pickguard, stickers we're all over it, original tuners.

Fender Purple Jazzmaster new SN.. R074329.
-purple sparkle with matching headstock gold adonized guard tuneomatic bridge.

Rory Gallagher Stratocaster new SN.. R25507.
-has a big gold grover tuning peg on low E

Rickenbacker 197? Fireglo Bass SN.. 4001.
-checker-board binding.

B.C. Rich Warlock Bass SN.. 4242413

Custom pedal board with custom audio electronics RS-10 foot controller, Teese RNC2 wah pedal, boss stage tuner, mute box, and cables.

Cymbals:
[1] Paiste 20" 2002 medium
[1] Paiste 20" giant beat
[1] Paiste 20" 2002 crash
[2] Paiste 19" 2002 crash
[2] Paiste 15" 2002 sound edge top hi-hats
[1] 15" 2002 sound edge bottom hi-hats

One black backpack with Sony headphones, tools, etc.

this makes me really sad. :(
"What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    That sucks. I can't believe they were staying in Long Island City, I can't even imagine what hotel they were in.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    I just saw this on another site... it is a real shame. They seem to be playing anywhere and everywhere on this neverending tour of theirs.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • I wasn't aware that they were still touring. Bad karma for the dickhead that stole their stuff.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    They should find out who did this and string him up by his balls with a guitar string and beat him to a pulp.

:(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    I dont think there is a band around who hadnt their gear stolen at one time or another, I remember Sonic Youth had their gear stolen around 2000? Hopefully the stuff was insured.

I wouldnt give up hope entirely, sometimes these people make rounds of local shops and try to peddle the stuff off. We used to see them all the time around here trying to peddle tools, electronics etc(I work in LIC), not so much in the last year though. Im sure keeping an eye out for these guitars...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I remeber a couple years ago we met J when he was touring solo up the east coast in Chapel Hill. He was doing a show at Cats Cradle. We got there early to check out where the venue was and then we were going to grab a bit to eat. He was doing solo shows then and we saw him pull up in his (old) subaru station wagon. all the gear was in the back. I thought it was surprising yet cool that he would tour like that.

I'm sure it was not quite that open on this tour since it is with the band.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wow, didn't know this band was still together.