SMC: The Notwist - Neon Golden

StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
edited February 2007 in Other Music
hey guys I know you haven't heard all that much from me this round....been pretty busy with school and all that.

my pick is in the gmail account. it's a record called "Neon Golden" by the Notwist. It's the best record (aside from NMH and Neil, of course) that I could find by a band with an "N" in their name. to sum it up, it's like belle and sebastian meets massive attack with hints of Ride. hip hop beats combined with mellow vocals and somber instrumentals.

it's a relaxing record, so sit back, turn the lights off, and enjoy.
"What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    cool, stoneg! looking forward to checking it out. ;)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    cool. sounds interesting.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Good record.

One with the Freaks, Pick up the phone, Consequence are the highlights

Some dull points for sure. Thing they've already finished up a new cd as this one was released back in 03' or so.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    hey guys......

sorry for being so absent the past month or so.....when your computer doesn't boot up,. it's pretty hard to participate.

the Notwist sounds really cool. Hopefully I'l pick it up somehow.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I'm sorry but I didn't care for it too much. Several songs, especially Pick Up the Phone, sounded like a lot of the other Indy bands out there.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I have not been able to get myself in the right frame of mind to listen to this. It is intriging enough to seek out their first (which is out on eMusic and from what I read MUCH different than this).

Anyway, Consequence is such a beautiful song.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Dam, I didn't even see this until now. Hopefully I can still grab it.