Bob Pollard cancels tour :(

StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Robert Pollard Cancels Shows Due to Leg Injury

Normal Happiness? More like abnormal uncomfortableness. Always the consummate showman, Robert Pollard won't be jumpstarting anytime soon due to a leg injury, according to a message board post and confirmed by his manager. Three shows--in Baltimore, Boston, and Northampton, Massachusetts--have been canceled.

"Bob tore his calf muscle and is unable to perform the rest of the tour. He apologizes to all you good kids, but he can't go out and half-ass it," read the post on the Guided by Voices message board Disarm the Settlers.

If half-assing ain't good enough for Pollard, well, then it shouldn't be good enough for you, either. The Baltimore gig at Sonar tonight will go on, with planned openers Portastatic and the Oranges Band continuing to perform. So don't bail out just yet, 'cause Portastatic are pretty awesome live.
And in Northampton on Saturday, although the show at the Pearl Room has been canceled, author Marc Woodworth's reading from his book Bee Thousand (part of Continuum's 33 1/3 series of books about classic albums), will still place at Turn It Up! Records.

Canceled shows:
11-15 Baltimore, MD - Sonar
11-17 Boston, MA - Paradise
11-18 Northampton, MA - Pearl Street

that's the word on the street. Apparently they sold 68 tickets for the Baltimore show tonight and Bob was pretty bummed.

it's a shame. the man gets no respect, yet he's one of the greatest, and certainly one of the most prolific songwriters of all time.

:(

get better Bob.
"What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    ah, that's too bad. i just saw in the paper yesterday that he was coming to philly. hopefully he's better by then. he was quite "entertaining" at the pitt and cincy shows....i wouldn't mind seeing some of those leg kicks again.