The Jesus and Mary Chain

CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
edited October 2006 in Other Music
I just bought psychocandy. Great album, I heard about the band because Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star) did some vocals and I decided to check them out.

Anyone else a fan?
THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I have probably played Reverence (off Honey's Dead) 1.5 million times.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    They are one of my favorite bands......the guitar sounds are like no others.....some catchy pop songs, and some morbid shoegazing songs as well!
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    -like honey- is a great song off psychocandy(the reason I got a copy), to be honest havent given the album too much time yet. Saw the film Lost in Translation and it ends with the honey song, thats what initially drew me to them..........that cock antony kiedis didnt like em, he mentions in his biog that on the lollapolooza tour theyd get pissed and just slag all the other acts off(something like that,whatever---I fo8und it quite amusing)
  • RaybeesRaybees Posts: 40
    The J&MC are one of the very best Scottish bands alongside Teenage Fanclub, The Vaselines, The Pastels and Eugenius.

It's a shame they were totally ripped of by the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.
    Q"What's your favourite Beatles album?"
    A"The Best of the Beatles."
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    elmer wrote:
    -like honey- is a great song off psychocandy(the reason I got a copy), to be honest havent given the album too much time yet. Saw the film Lost in Translation and it ends with the honey song, thats what initially drew me to them..........that cock antony kiedis didnt like em, he mentions in his biog that on the lollapolooza tour theyd get pissed and just slag all the other acts off(something like that,whatever---I fo8und it quite amusing)

One of the Reid brothers played guitar with PJ at Lolla 92.....I was in the then-empty pit...same show where they did Temple songs...I recall Eddie saying "How's about we don't do any PJ songs today!"
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I really dig the Jesus and Mary Chain. They are pretty cool! April Skies is my favorite song. :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn