Is Dave Matthews our generations Paul Simon?

yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Thinking about this last night, both like the folksy sound, both have connections to Africa, both love using horns in their music, both have tons of people on stage at concerts....I wonder if Dave is friends with Chevy Chase? :)
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• no
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Absolutely not.....Paul doesn't sound like he's singing/playing the same song over and over.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    tybird wrote:
    Absolutely not.....Paul doesn't sound like he's singing/playing the same song over and over.

not a dave fan i guess? lol
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    yield2me wrote:
    not a dave fan i guess? lol
    You win the prize!!! :D:)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    He's Gen X's John Mayer.