The Black Angels

yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
edited June 2008 in Other Music
The new album by these guys "Directions to See a Ghost" is unbelievably good
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    I really liked 'Passover' and just bought tickets to see them in Minneapolis for a show in June. I hope it will be great!
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Their new album is out already? Thanks for the heads up.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Off to see these guys tonight!
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    evenflow82 wrote:
    I really liked 'Passover' and just bought tickets to see them in Minneapolis for a show in June. I hope it will be great!

This show was fucking awesome by the way.

I got a poster and a handwritten setlist, too. The poster is badass.

If you're in to the old psychedelic music, I recommend picking the 'Dirt Road To Psychedelia' DVD they're selling at the shows. It chronicles the burgeoning psychedelic scene in Austin back in the 60s. Lots of pre-fame Janis Joplin stuff. I'm not going to say its the best music documentary ever made or anything, but it's definitely worth checking out if you get into history of music type stuff.
  • bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    never heard of these guys...but i've listened to two songs on myspace and i'm liking it.thanks.
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    LOVE them. Great band. Both albums are amazing. I'd say Passover is pretty much a masterpiece, and Directions has some fantastic songs on it.
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I've seen them 4 times this year...3 times in one week this June (with The Warlocks) and they were great. It's not every band that can pull of the art of the 15 minute song.

As psychedelica goes their groove is hazy, thumpy, just obscure enough and they are solid.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • saw them open for queens of the stone age in boston last year, and they were great! went out and bought their record. pure 60s psychadelia / drone music. if i wasn't seeing pearl jam tonight and tomorrow night, i'd go see em playing at the middle east in boston sunday night, but i'd be deaf if i did that, and poorer than i already am :)
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II