Tool in Dallas (Fort Worth)

yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Who's going? :)
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OdinOdin Posts: 599
    I'll be there. This will be my first Tool concert! I'm as amped up about this concert as I was for my first PJ concert in Toronto!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Odin wrote:
    I'll be there. This will be my first Tool concert! I'm as amped up about this concert as I was for my first PJ concert in Toronto!

This will be my second. I saw them when they came through Dallas earlier in the year and that show was amazing, can't wait for this one because it's going to be a much smaller venue...see you at the show. I'll be the 6'5 guy in the PJ 2006 tour shirt :)
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    wish I still lived in Dallas otherwise I'd probably be there.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    Can you guys believe that Tool has been through Dallas/Fort Worth 3 times now in the last year! They must really love TX
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    yield2me wrote:
    Can you guys believe that Tool has been through Dallas/Fort Worth 3 times now in the last year! They must really love TX

Let's hope they continue to play shows here! I just moved here from an area which NEVER hosted a Tool concert.

How was the last Tool concert in DFW (length of set, setlist, special effects, atmosphere)?
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Odin wrote:
    Let's hope they continue to play shows here! I just moved here from an area which NEVER hosted a Tool concert.

How was the last Tool concert in DFW (length of set, setlist, special effects, atmosphere)?
    They have visuals in their sets, and so the set is usually all the same in every city with maybe a few changes over time.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    Ok, so the show was last night and WOW! what a show these guys put on...amazing band...

what did you guys think? I had seen them once already this tour and last nights setlist was pretty much the same as the first time I saw them...but I took more of a notice of the drummer this time around. That guy is off his ass good!
  • dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
    yield2me wrote:
    I took more of a notice of the drummer this time around. That guy is off his ass good!
    Danny is the most kick-ass drummer in rock today. He's a fucking animal behind the kit...just obnoxiously good.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    Danny is the most kick-ass drummer in rock today. He's a fucking animal behind the kit...just obnoxiously good.

Yeah I have to agree that he is the best guy out there right now...I mean I was just completely STUNNED at his drumming last night, he totally stole the show