Oceansize

yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Just downloaded this band's 2 albums off itunes...amazing! Anybody else dig these guys?
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yep, they're pretty great. Only heard their album Effloresce, but that's great.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I have Everyone Into Position and it's OK. A little too radio friendly sounding for my current tastes.
  • Yep, they're pretty great. Only heard their album Effloresce, but that's great.

Just streamed clips of the later album, and I didn't like it as much. Too commercial.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Just streamed clips of the later album, and I didn't like it as much. Too commercial.

I loved the first album and I'm listening to the second right now...
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • yield2me wrote:
    I loved the first album and I'm listening to the second right now...

I wonder if you'll disagree with me :D

• Congratulations on discovering these guys! They are one of my favorite contemporary bands. I'm apparently in the minority because I find Everyone Into Position their strongest work to date. While it does have some smoother, "more-commercial" edges compared to Effloresce or Music For Nurses, I think it holds together much better as a whole work. I like the incorporation of electronics, the positive mood that lifts the middle of the album, the overall flow. Oh and of course, it spawned my favorite b-side in "Superfluous to Requirements." Enjoy this band, they're something else.
    I discovered the secret of life, but forgot to write it down.