Sleater-Kinney in Philly

TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Anyone here get to witness that amazing show in 105-degree heat? I've seen only one better band than S-K, who I've seen three times now. S-K were like machines last night, with screaming guitars and pounding drums. I can't get over how great that show was.

The only thing that kept me from saying, "Fuck, that was the best goddamn show I've ever seen!" was the crowd. The crowd was great, but it was no PJ crowd. There is the performance, there is the setlist and there is the crowd. No band has been able to top PJ live for those reasons, and the crowd definitely has a say in that.

What a night. To anyone who did go, any leads on a bootleg?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Literally after the show i squeezed my shirt and the sweat that came off of it could have filled up a cup!!!!
    IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!
    But it was one of the greatest performances i have ever seen. the ladies were so on fucking point last night , and they sung so many great songs. i am so glad they played a few from dig me out , especially Jenny!!.
    a great highlight of the night was when the really big guy ran on stage and stage-dived to everyone's horror, i felt really bad for the people he jumped on. Janet, Carrie , and Corin were seriously like animals last night, just giving every bit of themselves to every song.
    I was such a horrible mess last night, i was soaked, sweat was pouring from every part of my body, i had one beer and i mmediately regreted it, it was water only from there on, but i had so much fun, despite the seering heat. the audience was there to party and iwas very delighted for that, and such a healthy mix of fans, despite the fact i looked like every guy there with glasses :D, but its sooo depressing thinking that ill never get to experience another sleater kinney show.

does anyone have the full setlist?
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • any leads on a bootleg?
    Unfortunately I wimped out and did not go. I was on the guest list and had permission to record. I dropped the ball bigtime and hope by chance someone else made the tape.
  • does anyone have the full setlist?

Hey, I got this from Sleater-Kinney.net. I think something's missing from the encore. Heard everything I wanted to hear but "One Beat" and "Combat Rock."

Start Together
    The Fox
    The Drama You've Been Craving
    Wilderness
    Jumpers
    Things You Say
    The Hot Rock
    Night Light
    Ironclad
    Rollercoaster
    What's Mine Is Yours
    Modern Girl
    Light Rail Coyote
    Let's Call It Love
    Entertain
    The Ballad of a Ladyman
    Words and Guitar

Encore:
    Jenny
    I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone
    Dance Song '97
    One More Hour
  • Hey, I got this from Sleater-Kinney.net. I think something's missing from the encore. Heard everything I wanted to hear but "One Beat" and "Combat Rock."

Start Together
    The Fox
    The Drama You've Been Craving
    Wilderness
    Jumpers
    Things You Say
    The Hot Rock
    Night Light
    Ironclad
    Rollercoaster
    What's Mine Is Yours
    Modern Girl
    Light Rail Coyote
    Let's Call It Love
    Entertain
    The Ballad of a Ladyman
    Words and Guitar

Encore:
    Jenny
    I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone
    Dance Song '97
    One More Hour

Yeah!! i love the set list!!! i really wanted to hear Turn it On, but ill take my Jenny :D, before they played One more hour, everyone around me including me, were screaming TURN IT ON!!

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

• VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,207
    That was amazing, I was in front of Carrie until I got too sick from the heat and had to go throw up. Jesus, I've never been so hot. I was thisclose to passing out.

And by the way, not having a full PJ crowd is a highlight for me ;). The crowd was just right, except for the person who was on my back until I gave up my spot.

I think what's missing from the encore is Ladyman. It's in the wrong spot on that setlist.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • HOLY FUCKING GOD. THE SETLIST!

Was this a solo show? I'm seeing S-K at Lollapalooza this weekend. Wow...I'm fucking floored at that set list! BALLAD OF A LADYMAN?! THEY CLOSED WITH ONE MORE HOUR?!! OMH is like my favorite off of Dig Me Out! Sheeeit. This gets me so pumped. I hope I hear Rock N' Roll Fun and Ballad of a Ladyman!
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    Mind-blowing performance. I didn't even know 2/3 of the songs and it was as much fun as I've had at any non-PJ show.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • becks519becks519 Posts: 13
    the show last night was ridiculous!

that big guy stage diving was a highlight for me also - it was laugh out loud funny.
  • becks519 wrote:
    the show last night was ridiculous!

that big guy stage diving was a highlight for me also - it was laugh out loud funny.
    hhahaha, when i saw him on stage i said in my head " i hope to god he isnt about to do what i thin khe is " and then he actually had to tell the slowly retreating crowd to put their hands up, it was so funny

• hhahaha, when i saw him on stage i said in my head " i hope to god he isnt about to do what i thin khe is " and then he actually had to tell the slowly retreating crowd to put their hands up, it was so funny
    I was right where that guy jumped, it was so funny because everyone who was standing where we were moved the second he jumped, needless to say he landed right on the floor and everyone laughed at him. Sleater-Kinney were just unbelievable I'm gonna miss them.
    "I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-Pees R Us."

-Ed
  • Man...this thread seriously got me so pumped for the S-K at Lollapalooza...you have no idea. Once again, I am seriously floored by the setlist. So this was an S-K solo show?
  • Man...this thread seriously got me so pumped for the S-K at Lollapalooza...you have no idea. Once again, I am seriously floored by the setlist. So this was an S-K solo show?

A group called The Rogers Sisters opened. And they were fuckin' terrific also. Great guitar effects and lots of energy. I'm still floored thinking about S-K. It's as if I caught something very, very special. It's a euphoric kind of feeling. Wow.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    "Things You Say"............wow............I would have dearly loved to have seen that one live..........com'on we need a live dvd of these ladies.......something to remember them by...please.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    "Things You Say"............wow............I would have dearly loved to have seen that one live..........com'on we need a live dvd of these ladies.......something to remember them by...please.
    or some type of live cd!!!!1