Anyone like Devotchka?

mindimindi Posts: 1,858
edited July 2008 in Other Music
My daughter listens to all kinds of music. And I have to admit that Devotchka has grown on me. Not at all what I usually listen to, but it is really good!
I think I am in love with the song How It Ends.
To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    How It Ends, is of course, amazing... it was played all through-out Little Miss Sunshine, but in different sects... it's also now on like a Gerber commercial or some shit, but the song is so good. That whole album is really good, and their newer album is amazing as well. Their older stuff is more like polka-rockish sort of stuff, but it's a lot of fun. The band is just awesome.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Their singer has such a wonderful voice.
    I am really enjoying what my daughter has added to Itunes. I had to confess to her that I really like them and listen when she isn't at home.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    I like them a decent bit. I'm 3 degrees of Kevin Bacon from them.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Saw them at Werchter last week! It was a hella fun show :D
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    big fan, saw them at the Fillmore a few months ago and was blown away ... extremely talented group.

The Enemy Guns from Coachella this year ... so good ... http://youtube.com/watch?v=w1E4WFGwlyw&feature=related
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I like them a good bit... I first caught them from their name, when I saw the name it piqued my interest because it comes from A Clockwork Orange (I'm a huge fan of the novel... the movie, meh, good not great)... Anyway, Their name "DeVotchKa" means "young girl" or "young women" in the fictitious language from the novel (Nadsat) and then of course they were featured in Little Miss Sunshine shortly after I discovered them...

Also, some of their more upbeat tunes remind me of Gogol Bordello, so if you like DeVotchKa I would recommend them as well.
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    fowls wrote:
    Saw them at Werchter last week! It was a hella fun show :D
    My daughter saw them and said it was just about the best live show she has seen. She loved the acrobat woman.

Glad to see others like them.
  • I love their warm and rich sound. It puts me in a good place. :)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde