The Phantom of the Opera

simpson,ay?simpson,ay? Posts: 45
edited December 2006 in Other Music
The Phantom of the Opera is on one of the Cinemaxes. I am currently obsessed with this musical and Rent. Anybody else dig the musicals?

I've only heard/seen:

Les Miserables
Moulin Rouge
Phantom
Rent
My Fair Lady
The Pajama Game
Music Man

Any suggestions (not just movies of course)?

P.S. Anybody see Josh Groban do "Music of the Night" last night??? Pretty damn good!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i dont think i would like other musicals per say, but i have seen phantom 6 times and each time i fell in love with it more than the last, its brilliant! the book is great, the movie is not too bad, and the english version on cd is awesome! michael crawford as the phantom is amazing
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    The Phantom of the Opera is on one of the Cinemaxes. I am currently obsessed with this musical and Rent. Anybody else dig the musicals?

I've only heard/seen:

Les Miserables
    Moulin Rouge
    Phantom
    Rent
    My Fair Lady
    The Pajama Game
    Music Man

Any suggestions (not just movies of course)?

P.S. Anybody see Josh Groban do "Music of the Night" last night??? Pretty damn good!

I've only seen
    Rent
    Cats
    Miss Saigon
    Phantom of the Opera
    Les Miserables

they were all quite good. Of the ones you have not seen i think i like Miss Saigon the best.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    I've only seen
    Rent
    Cats
    Miss Saigon
    Phantom of the Opera
    Les Miserables

they were all quite good. Of the ones you have not seen i think i like Miss Saigon the best.

oops...i saw miss saigon last year, and your'e right it was rather good.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I like both Phantom and Rent. We Phantom on the movie first, and then went to the city to see it for real. Have seen Rent there too. My favorite songs from Rent are probably Today for You Tomorrow for Me, and Cover Me.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Phantom live is amazing. I want to go to vegas to see it in that custom built theater, I've heard great things.
    "It's all happening"