When great songs go classical!

JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
edited November 2007 in Other Music
I've got a few that I've come across, that I really enjoy.

I love when orchestras and symphonies do a new take on rock songs, either with or without singing, or with the original band out front.

Anyway, I was reminded of this the other night on Spicks and Specks and wanted to share. Ten Tenors do Nirvana. :D

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=C9UWW7FVD3c

Plus there are these that I love:

Third Eye Open, the string Tribute to Tool

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=v0wy8vkVR9k

Us and Them: Symphonic Pink Floyd

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7j4sIEdVdUg

S & M

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JG62B_dHfDQ

Anybody else got any they want to share? :)
NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
The currents will shift
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Where's glasshouse when you need him?? ;)

He likes classical! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • I like some classical music but I hate it when rock or pop songs are covered. It always sounds sort of tacky/cheesy to me. :)
    I like some classical music but I hate it when rock or pop songs are covered. It always sounds sort of tacky/cheesy to me. :)

nah, that's MUZAC! :D The kinda stuff they play in elevators! ;)

I remember being in this swanky department store in Milan and this song came over the speakers all nicely piped and synthesized and I was listening for ages while it drove me NUTS trying to work out how I knew it!

FINALLY realized it was a completely crucified version of Smells Like Teen Spirit. It was HIDEOUS!!! :eek: :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    nah, that's MUZAC! :D The kinda stuff they play in elevators! ;)

I remember being in this swanky department store in Milan and this song came over the speakers all nicely piped and synthesized and I was listening for ages while it drove me NUTS trying to work out how I knew it!

FINALLY realized it was a completely crucified version of Smells Like Teen Spirit. It was HIDEOUS!!! :eek: :D

Oh No! :D

I've started to enjoy some classical music lately but I know too many little rich girls that listen to that pop/classical thing in a vague attemt to seem cool and hip.

Wow! I sound like such a bitch! I hope you understand what I'm saying... I just find it corny and a bit empty. Maybe I should listen to more.
    Oh No! : D

I've started to enjoy some classical music lately but I know too many little rich girls that listen to that pop/classical thing in a vague attemt to seem cool and hip.

Wow! I sound like such a bitch! I hope you understand what I'm saying... I just find it corny and a bit empty. Maybe I should listen to more.

Well it appeases my working class roots to have become a bit of a classical music buff. There's a nice irony to it for me! But then I'm really just a DAG! :D
    So I don't really give a shit if other people don't think I'm cultured enough for it or even if they do. :D I was in a concert band as a kid and I did the whole piano lessons thing and I dunno, it just wasn't cool when I was a teenager so maybe I'm just keen to get into it a bit more now, coz I don't give a shit? Although I think the ballet lessons probably had something to do with it. :)

If it doesn't grab ya MCKB, it's no biggy. I guess I just listen to it coz I'll pretty much listen to anything. All kinds of music. Well except for maybe divas. :) And I especially love the symphonic interpretations of some of the rock songs I love coz it's another way of listening to them for me. Plus I used them alot when I was doing projects at uni. :) But pretentious people turn me cold anyway. Regardless of what they're doing. So no I don't think you're a bitch.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift